race in ocatillo wells Oct 17-19

bajakirby23

Reaction
does anyone now about this race that is going to happen at ocatillo on Oct 17-19 I've seen some flyers in some local bars and i was wondering if it was a sactioned race thanks.

Jordan

Reaction
Are you sure it's a race? Try and find the flyer. It might just be one of those Jeep Family Day things they have out there.

AllwaysRcn

Reaction
The FRT Superstition 250 is on the 18th of Oct. out in Plaster City. Just over the hill........

Jordan

Reaction
Could you list more info about this? Ive been going to OCO for years and never seen a race there.

Ryno

Reaction
Jordan-

all the races out there are by Superstition and Plaster City. I've seen Fish and Tyson out there when I went to the FUD race. Just gotta take the washes back to Ocotillo. Fun trip.

Ryno

dave

Reaction
If any kind of racing is going to be held in Ocatillo it will hands down be a bike race of some kind.
Back in the day Fud has had a race or two in Ocatillo wells that I've raced in. I know of another group who put on bike races on out that way. I think this would be thier 3 event ?, if it's the same group I'm thinking of, however I can't remeber the group who puts it on. Sorry .

martininsocal

Reaction
Dave- I thought the Borrego rough was put on by Pearlman! LOL- I know you aren't that old. I don't remember Fud running that far north. He started with the Superstition for cars. Did he run bikes in Ocotillo?

Martin

dave

Reaction
You got me on that one Martin ..? I'm really not sure what bike club races out that way , I do know This club has put on I think two races with in the last 5 years or so.They ran out by the pole line area . As for Fud we raced over there one time. Weather was really bad . It was a team . That was the 2nd time I got to see the Guy they called the "Bandit " race... First time was at Parker and then again at the Fud race. I still get goose bumps looking back and watching him race.. Why because he raced with ONLY ONE ARM. And he wasn't slow !!!.