Race News on the Rocks

Fidel

Reaction
Thought this may be of interest. The race scene continues to invade the rock crawling scene and most of the rock heads are still under the impression that they're using their own technology rather than that which was born in the desert. . . and some news on Tom Bradley, King Shocks, Rob MacMachren and his dealings with CORR.

<font face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">http://www.off-road.com/rock/arca2002/vernal/contingency.html</font>

Later,
Fidel

Attachments

• 5-22673-con02t.jpg
    5-22673-con02t.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 129

Waldo

Safehouse
Reaction
I think that stinks about Rob having to change his shocks just prior to the opener. Other teams should take note and develop similar working systems rather than bitch and moan about a great driver winning! Too bad for them though. I have a feeling he will change and still dominate like he has been! Good luck to Rob Mc!!!!!!!

BRAAAAAAAAP!

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
Rob is the man, no matter what system he has, he will dominate...hands down

Kris

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.dmsrace.com>www.dmsrace.com</A>

RacerX

Reaction
The article states that he has in-cab adjustments in his Pro-4. I never recalled seeing any. I know his lowrider TT had the in-cab adjustments. Rob is an incredible driver. The article claims that his winning is due to the fact that he runs air shocks. If thats true, then how do explain all of his wins and championships in 7s and 1600 where he ran a standard race shock. I hope this shock rule backfires and Rob still kicks butt.

Fidel

Reaction
RacerX:

Nope. The article never said that he was winning due to the shock setup. To suggest such is insane. Just take a look at his career, especially within the last year.

MacCachren has a talent that nearly enables him to drive blind folded. He seems to have the ability to read the before he can physically see it and makes a vehicle handle at its peak performance level without it appearing out of control. The guy has such a command of what he and his vehicle is doing that it is incredible.

It's back to work for me. BFG just made its presence be known here in Vernal. Their new tire is doing well. Expect a story and some more photos up within about an hour. Results of Day 1 action by about 9 p.m. this evening. I've attached a photo of Tri-County Gear's Jason Bunch trying to right his rolled over Jeep YJ at the end of the day. Insane!

By the way, I did make a few changes and expounded upon a few points to the original posting but never suggested it was the magic set of shocks beneath the wheel wells that was responsible for his victories.

Attachments

• 5-22719-jasonbunch.jpg
    5-22719-jasonbunch.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 129