Race of Champions 2012

RGFan

Could have put this in several areas technically, chose this one. For those who care, the Race of Champions is going on and yet again Germany won the Nations Cup with Schumacher and Vettel. Of course, the US sent in minor leaguers Pastrana and Deegan. Do not get me wrong, I enjoy watching both do what they do, but they are not in the same league as Schumacher and Vettel. So with that being said, who would you send to the event (American Drivers)

My List:

Tony Stewart (can drive and win in anything).
Robby Gordon (can drive and win in anything besides his own Nascar equipment).
Jeff Gordon (As much as it pains me, the guy can drive )
Kyle Busch (Enough Said)

Alternates: Michael Andretti (getting old but can drive), AJ Almendinger, Wally Dallenbach, Rhys Millen, AJ Foyt (I still think the old man would rise to the occasion and then tell them all to F.O. once he got the trophy;)Danica Patrick (Yeah right, just checking. She can hand out the trophy though)

Please do not think I chose these guys because they race in Nascrap, actually I chose them for what most have done outside of Nascrap. Unfortunately, that is where the good drivers go to make the real $$$

Last edited:

VentureCrew35

Bacon Lover
Jeff Gordon has competed in the Race of Champions at least twice ('02 and '05), winning the Nation's Cup title in '02 with Jimmie Johnson and Colin Edwards, which as far as I know is the only time the USA has won ROC. I think sending Jeff back would be a good idea. Other drivers I'd consider for ROC would be Foust (his rallycross experience would be beneficial on those tight arena courses), Menzies (just because), Dallenbach, or a guy I know named Chris Duplessis.

Also, returning to the subject of Jeff, in preparation for ROC one year he did a ride along with Marcus Gronholm and it got a little børked. Jeff's reaction throughout and upon getting out of the car is awesome though. I sure as hell gained respect for him when I saw it. Maybe once he's done with this NASCAR stuff someone can talk him into rally racing.

Last edited by a moderator:

07FJRog

america sends who is popular, maybe Tony will be on for next year, with his recent 3rd NASCAR championship. I think Rhys would be a good pick and also Marco andretti ( it is in his blood)

C.J. Hutchins

Jeff Gordon has competed in the Race of Champions at least twice ('02 and '05), winning the Nation's Cup title in '02 with Jimmie Johnson and Colin Edwards, which as far as I know is the only time the USA has won ROC. I think sending Jeff back would be a good idea. Other drivers I'd consider for ROC would be Foust (his rallycross experience would be beneficial on those tight arena courses), Menzies (just because), Dallenbach, or a guy I know named Chris Duplessis.

Hell yeah!! another vote for my boy Chris Duplesis!! He can flat out wheel anything with four wheels on it, on any surface. Dont really agree with your other picks even tho bryce is a friend too ha ha.

dislocated1

I know that Jim and Melissa, the american liaisons for ROC frequent their Facebook page alot looking for feedback and interest.... dont be afraid to go over there and voice your opinions for Team USA 2012!!!