Race Poll

Which race is your favorite, spectator or racer, of all the SCORE event’s?

• Laughlin Desert Challenge

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • San Felipe 250

• Baja 500

• Primm 300

• Baja 1000

• None of the above, I prefer a different sanctioning body.

• Total voters

EQuin

Reaction
Hey Jim,

Thanks for the insight on the Paris-Dakar. I guess the challenge of it all is what's so enticing. I almost got a chance to see one of the specials while en route to the Spanish Coast, but I missed it. I was in northeast Spain the first week of January and was hoping to get to Narbonne, France on the second day of the race. But unfortunately, I couldn't make it. One of the Spaniards I met had some involvement with the race many years ago and said it was an awesome experience. He mentioned the same things you did - too expensive, some people never finish the race and are never found or heard of again. I didn't know about the cannibals, though.

I figured the Baja 1000's expense would be too much for most to handle. That's one reason why I've never been - can't afford to go and watch it! If only I had the money! Well, one of these days.

Ed

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
Reaction
With 134 votes in it looks as though Laughlin has run away with this one. That race blew away the rest of the field!

Shaun

martininsocal

Reaction
laughlin wins because of what it has to offer the fans. cheap rooms, cheap food, decent weather, close entertainment, lots of racing, and nightlife. this is the closest thing to the old mint there is right now. not from a racres standpoint, but as a fan. it is not even close to shortcourse racing, believe me.
the reason it works is because the fans get to see so much of the cars. the reason the mint worked was because you had 4 times as many cars, so the fans saw a lot of the cars there too. with the increase in restrictions on fan access to the course, they will kill off laughlin, as long as the cost to spectate rises to the cost of going to mickeymouse land.

If your gonna go, go BIG

THNKPNK

OG Offroad Chick
Reaction
Hey Shaun...I think you're just make up all these polls to change your status!!! =)

scott

Reaction
Change his status about what????? Trying to figure out what everyone likes and dislikes. Maybe some
organization might see some of this crap and they might make a difference and bring back a race, or change some things. I think it's all good. If people don't like the new board then go back to the old one, or get out all together............

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
Reaction
Status? I have no status!
If your talking about number of post that has nothing to do with it. If that were the case though I could do it well!
I just like to see what everyone thinks and so far the response has been really good to all the polls. And I know that there are people with power in the sport that read these polls too and who knows, maybe something good can come from them. Klaus has created a great opportunity here to voice opinions, lets hope that some good comes from it.

Shaun

THNKPNK

OG Offroad Chick
Reaction
Easy there dude! It was meant as a joke. I know it's hard to tell sarcasm in black/white form (ie: via the 'net) but I was joking. =)