Race prep shop in Vegas or Barstow area?

MTPyle

Reaction
We are looking for a shop that can prep our 6100 truck and help with race support. Trying to find someone in the Vegas or Barstow area so it’s close to the races ans test areas.

Let me know if you have any ideas or know someone that has the bandwidth and interest.

Thanks.
Mike

mgobaja

Reaction
Collins Motorsports - Robbie Goerke would be the best person to contact - check you PM's for contact information

Last edited:

MTPyle

Reaction
I reached out to Justin Bean and didn't hear back. Also sent a message to Collins with no response. They both seem like good options.

Been talking to Nate Ellis and he seems like a great option and just had two others suggest him so thats good. I have been talking to a few other guys as well. its interesting how different everyone is. Haha

We are trying to find someone before the Legacy race so they can help us out a little and take the truck from there. Its hard to put together a crew last minute. I think we found a new Co dog and have a few guys lined up so we will see.

Thanks for the suggestions. I just want to make sure I know of all my options before making a pick. I hate it when you deiced on something and then everyone says oh you should have done this or that. LOL

Mike

nimrod

KOOK!
Reaction
You might try a team. If they’re already doing it sometimes it’s not that hard to add another truck. I know the Desert Assassins were prepping the Gomez brothers TT for them. Maybe Menzies or BJ?

MTPyle

Reaction
I don't think a TT team would want some lower budget spec truck team around cramping their style. LOL

Mike

MTPyle

Reaction
We are set up. Super excited for our new guys. We are also keeping some of our current guys for race support. They kick butt in the race.

thanks for all the help. You guys are a great resource.

Also excited to have our truck in a area we can test. That will really help.

Mike

Last edited:

ErickK

Reaction
We are set up. Super excited for our new guys. We are also keeping some of our current guys for race support. They kick butt in the race.

thanks for all the help. You guys are a great resource.

Also excited to have our truck in a area we can test. That will really help.

Mike
That was fast lol

usafpj

Reaction
We are looking for a shop that can prep our 6100 truck and help with race support. Trying to find someone in the Vegas or Barstow area so it’s close to the races ans test areas.

Let me know if you have any ideas or know someone that has the bandwidth and interest.

Thanks.
Mike
Call Tom 714-801-8492

MTPyle

Reaction
Haha it wasn’t as fast as it looked. I had already been searching and just wanted to confirm what my options were.

Nate Ellis at G-out was already a top pick and I thought a really good fit for us. Lots of Baja experience and was recently prepping Milkin it TT and 6100. They decided to take some time off racing and it opened the door for us.

It was great to get confirmation that some others also thought he would be a good fit. That was what I was looking for.

We are racing Legacy next week and then the truck will go to Nate for a prep for B500. Our truck is Basically prepped as we only raced 100miles at SF250 on a complete fresh prep. Only had to make one change to the fuel system and its ready to go. We found our problem that we have been fighting.

Mike

Goober

Reaction
Haha it wasn’t as fast as it looked. I had already been searching and just wanted to confirm what my options were.

Nate Ellis at G-out was already a top pick and I thought a really good fit for us. Lots of Baja experience and was recently prepping Milkin it TT and 6100. They decided to take some time off racing and it opened the door for us.

It was great to get confirmation that some others also thought he would be a good fit. That was what I was looking for.

We are racing Legacy next week and then the truck will go to Nate for a prep for B500. Our truck is Basically prepped as we only raced 100miles at SF250 on a complete fresh prep. Only had to make one change to the fuel system and its ready to go. We found our problem that we have been fighting.

Mike
BJ will be disappointed, heard he needs cash.

mrlentle

Reaction

Mike
Sorry to hijack but your fuel fault had plagued you for a little bit from memory. Where was the gremlin?

MTPyle

Reaction
It was entirely the Holley Hydramat. it was the wrong size outlet with only 3/8” which is too small for suction side with our fuel flow. And the mat was totally clogged. Pretty sure this has been our problem for a year and a half. The pumps would starve and fail. Went thru 5 sets of pumps and a ton of changes to the fuel system fighting it.

Mike

Attachments

• 2B7DA1D6-CCE9-497A-9B82-71A82A59B24D.jpeg
    2B7DA1D6-CCE9-497A-9B82-71A82A59B24D.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 136

jon coleman

Reaction
wow, what was the 'clogging 'material? dirt?, i was never a fan of in tank any thing, cant fix / trouble shoot quick, i would just run two seperate road race corner pick ups , external big pre filters, two scavenge pumps feeding a pressurized sump that feeds efi filter then efi pumps, if one scavenge fails...got back up,( fun spending others caaay$h)

mrlentle

Reaction
It was entirely the Holley Hydramat. it was the wrong size outlet with only 3/8” which is too small for suction side with our fuel flow. And the mat was totally clogged. Pretty sure this has been our problem for a year and a half. The pumps would starve and fail. Went thru 5 sets of pumps and a ton of changes to the fuel system fighting it.

Mike
Good stuff - here's hoping for a clean run. All the best!

mrlentle

Reaction

Mike
Good stuff - here's hoping for a clean run. All the best!