Race quad setup?

jjordan

Reaction
Wondering what the quad racers do to their suspension...I imagine it would be similiar to bikes and there are companies like precision concepts that do quads?
Can you guys chime in on what would be done to a stck quad to make it baja 1000 ready
minus the lighting.
And does any company specialize in the polaris outlaws suspension

thanks

trentk

Reaction
Wider a-arms and aftermarket longer shocks all around. You can get the stock stuff revalved and resprung but if you are serious about racing I would recommend aftermarket shocks. I run Motowoz shocks www.motowoz.com on my race quad and I like them a lot and their customer service is great, they will work closely with you on the valving. I run long travel fronts and a custom length long travel rear shock with a teixeira tech linkage. I use JD Performance a-arms on all my quads and I've never had a problem, http://www.jdperformance.net/

As for other stuff I would recommend a wider rear axle, fasst bars, precision stabilizer, skidplates, desert seat, desert tank, RZR II tires and maybe a cooling system upgrade. Of course you can race without any of this stuff but I believe all of these items add up to make you faster and more comfortable.

calds650

Reaction
Lonestar Racing, Rath Racing, Houser Racing and Teixeira Tech make A-arms for the Outlaw. I am replacing my Rath with the Teixeira this weekend. for desert IMS gas tank, desert seat, skid plates, LT shocks. taller tires with tire balls. Pipe, bored out the carb too 42mm and have the crank rework and change out the crank bearings, and add a oil cooler. I due not race Baja but I due race D-38 any ? just ask

Attachments

• riser.jpg
    riser.jpg
    148.8 KB · Views: 212

MAGC86

Reaction
Wondering what the quad racers do to their suspension...I imagine it would be similiar to bikes and there are companies like precision concepts that do quads?
Can you guys chime in on what would be done to a stck quad to make it baja 1000 ready
minus the lighting.
And does any company specialize in the polaris outlaws suspension

thanks

i don't know how much u plan to spend but http://www.teixeiratech.com/ ED has one of the best set ups fro the outlaw, and good quality service, and for shock revalving I recomend Clark Over at noleenj6.com and for engine needs Allen over at ctracing.com he knows waz up with these engines and for stabilizer RTT stabilazer are bad ass! u should at least spenda goo 6+ thousands another option owul dbe jdperformance.net good price

jjordan

Reaction
Thanks for all the good info. My father just raced his outlaw down in baja sur series race - loreto 400 and got 4th place with jim borden. Afterward he started looking at all the other quads and found his was really the only stock one there, which got him thinking of upgrades.:)

jjordan

Reaction
believe it is 1st year with the ktm motor..2007? ---- 525 irs outlaw