RACE RADIOS

scott

Scott Steinberger your wrong about one thing, its not Protruck #270 its Trophy Truck #27 drop the zero.... hehehe

TimHayosh

Jason Hutter said: "...and found that PCI was one of the best prices and has the best support..."

I just wanted chime in say a big thanks to Scott at PCI for what he did for the deZert people with those Lowrance GPS units. We looked all over the internet, and PCI gave us the best deal. I am so happy with the 3000MT! I have already received and used the FREE GlobalMap 100 that came with it.

THANK YOU PCI!

Jerry Zaiden

I had a friend who had that Kenwood radio 261. IT SUCKS!!!!! The dust gets inside of it and messed up the display and the buttons in the handle/Mic. I recomend the PCI Roadmaster. From Experience this radio is more expensive but you will only purchase it once. The Kenwood is $180 but it is not even worth $10. The Roadmaster is $495 and worth every penny.

Scott, THANK YOU FOR DOING WHAT YOU DO!

TimHayosh

Jerry, are you comparing the 261 and the Roadmaster?

Apples and oranges.

Men and women.

Black and White.

Class 9 and Trophy Truck.

If you're suggesting that the 261 doesn't belong in a race car? Then I would agree with you.

My $0.02

poolman

Yeah I know what you are saying but for the price,and it will be in my Toyota not in a race vehicle.

poolman

jeff

Speaking of radios... anyone out there purchased a new CB lately? I think it's time I finally retired my old Cobra. The new radios have all sorts of "snazzy" features. I'm looking at Midlands and Cobras right now. Anyone have any recommendations?

Also, anyone know what the rules are regarding the use of a linear amp in Mexico? I know they are illegal in the US... Can anyone recommend someone that can tune my new setup? With amp or without? I've never been able to tune my Firestik to better than 2:1 - thanks in advance. PM me if you don't want to post it on the board.

Aloha

pjc

Chairman
I want to add to pciscott's post in that he didn't mention much about performance.

I have Kenwood and Vertex modified radios as well as a Vertex PCI radio and PCI handhelds.

The Vertex PCI radio is in my 4-seat with an antenna mounted on an uneven groundplane. It absolutely smokes the Kenwood in my truck which has a large, center groundplane. We are always caught in scenarios where the truck can hear us but, we can't hear them.

The handhelds differ in performance about the same.

pciscott simply explained that the amateur radios are optimized to work in the 145mghz range and the race radios all operate around 150-160mghz range.

Basically, you get what you pay for.

PJCinLV

pjc

Chairman
Jeff, I have a very nice Ranger 2970 for sale. You can see the new version which looks and functions the same but is more solid state at www.exportradios.com</A>. This unit has never ben used and comes ready to use on 10 and 12 meter bands. power is 150 watts. I'll let it go for around $325.00

See file attachment.

PJCinLV

Attachments