• Forum membership has its advantages....

Race Reports!

Protech975

Thought I would start a post to list race reports,entries,and results since there are so many up coming races in the next few weeks.

The first MORE race of the year unfortunately was a bust because of all the race date conflicts. If you can believe it only 9 total cars started the race with only 2 - 9 cars. B.J. Proctor #965 and Mike Norris #989. The race was to be 12 laps aropund a 22 mile course but Norris broke on lap 3 {Trans} and Proctor broke on lap 8 {Trans}. Bad start for MORE in a promising year considering they have the highest payback of any race Org. running today.and they got got so much positive feed back from the Nov. MORE/SNORE race. Not sure why MORE can not get a better turn out but would like to here some feedback as to what you guys feel the problem may be other than the date conflicts this time with Parker and Laughlin. Rob S.

Protech975

Starting order at Parker {Pre Entries}

1- 920-D.Walters
2- 991-N.Blackwell
3- 966-K.Tapert - my old car
4- 977-M.Ault
5- 979-R.Kisner
6- 931-J.Duncan
7- 971-S.Baxter
8- 915-B.Hughs
9- 989-C.Lenard
10-912-M.Accordino
11-990-J.Harmon
12-911-B.Leakey

kurt

Why the low turn-out for 9's at Parker? I would have guessed 25-35 cars based on Snores & Whiplash's usual entries along with the odd enteries.

Kenny_Thatcher

kurt ther are alot of guys that didnt pre-enter such as my self i am guessing about 20 class 9's
but ithink there will be a bigger turn out in 9 at the avi 250

True Grit Racing "never give up"

Protech975

Kurt
In Nov. at the Battle of Barstow MORE/SNORE race there were only about 10 cars pre-entered and 23 showed up! so I think Kenny is right. Also there must be a few cars running at laughlin this weekend? I just have no info as of yet who they might be. will try to get that info for you. R.S.

Protech975

Only two 9 cars entered at laughlin {Drawing}

1-901-Art Velasco
2-949-Tony Modica

I guess with a $925 entry fee and Parker on the same day there will probably not be many more show up for this one!

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
we'll be in parker, it's my backyard 5 time winner at this one over the years, plus it's back too the
longer course which we like better. started preping car awhile back ended up changing everything
front to back except motor it should make it another race or two. i always like to start last at this
race so i'll be entering as late as possible to start back as far as possible since i didn't pre-enter to
request a rear start. (wasn't sure car would be ready in time, had to get new fuel cell, for my car
it has to be built by fuel safe $1,100.00 bucks damn that hurt!).

Rick Poole

kurt

Well it sounds as thou the 9's should end up with 20+ entries, good luck to all! I'll try to keep an eye out on the 9 race thou it may be hard since I'm sitting in the right seat in Tim's (Hayosh) 10 car, but I'll be sure to honk as we go by!!! LOL - JK - - no seriously, if anybody needs help, support, let me (us) know, we'll help in any way possible. See ya at Parker!

Protech975

Unofficial top 10 finishers at Parker

1st = D. Walters
2nd = J. Harmon
3rd = R. Kisner
4th = R. Poole
5th = C. Lenard
6th = T. Vanderploeg
7th = K. Talpert
8th = J. Duncan
9th = B. Hughes
10th = ?

Great job guys I heard it was one tough dusty race! Congrats to the Walters gang for a great start to the new race year.

Kenny_Thatcher

Rob I had a pretty bad cart-wheel at mile 45 do to dust and whiplash taking down some of the corse
markers my co-driver and I are still pretty sore I am hoping my body will be back in shape for the avi
but I sprained my lower back and brused my right kidney my co-driver chipped a bone in his right
ankel and brused his neck my car is trashed and is out of business I am going to barrow a car for the avi if I am healed up

Protech975

Kenny
Tough break guys! The racing GODS say we all go over at least once. you just got yours out of the way early in the year.
Great to here you are doing OK, I cringe at the thought of someone getting hurt badly! this is supposed to be fun but this stuff keeps your priorities straight and mind set on saftey.
Hope you can find that new borrowed ride for AVI I plan on going to help pit. Rob S.

Kenny_Thatcher

hey guys I have some good news it gets me out of my depressed state I will be racing car #988
with my good friend and motor builder, Brian Fieger for the Avi 250 and the Bufalo Bills 400. We
will split the driving for both races and I will be driver of record. Also I will have a new car for the
Dusty Times 250 in Caliente,NV. Mike I have some pics of the car after the parker I just need to
find a scanner

kurt

Results and laptimes are posted at the MDR site. 1 - Kevin Kopitch, 2 - Dan Owen, 3 - Tom Steeno.