• Forum membership has its advantages....

Race Seats

John Bitting

Administrator
Well the new Bronco is home and doing well, First step is some race seats. I will post what seats I chose and pics of the install...

pjc

Chairman
John, I swear by Mastercraft seats.

I have them in my prerunner and park my butt in same in the ProTruck. In the Baja 500, I was comfortable the entire race (up to RM278). I then got in Dane Cardone's prerunner with "non Mastercraft" seats and chased Dane down the course. I was uncomfortable in 15 minutes and in slight pain within 45 minutes.

PJCinLV

Jimmy8

I guess I am just the opposite. i swear by Beards. That is all that have been in our race trucks for 26 years. I havent bought a new seat since Redart bought the company but I am sure it is the same quality. Sorry John, I guess this could turn into a seat war just like the shock subject does so I will quit now.

John Bitting

Administrator
No they are opinions, I encourage them. That is how people learn about products. What is good for one person is not always good for the other but opinions are welcome...

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
.......in that case, Mastercrafts get my vote all the way. And since the Bronco used to belong to me, you have to use the seats that I tell you too! ;)

<font color=red>Shaun<font color=red>

scott

Nice Bronco John, where did you get it????? It looks a lot like shaun's...... Did you have to trade a WRX for it????? hehehe

Tony_Barraza

JB-

The only seats I have owned have been BEARD'S.

I had the extra-wide, extra-tall models in my Toy Prerunner, and they were WAY comfy! I chased LOTZ of miles strapped into those bad boys and I never felt fatigued!

Now that Tim Sousamian has taken over Beard's, the quality and production of all the styles they offer has gotten even better!

I'm not disputing the quality of Mastercraft, PRP or others, Beard is the seat my bunz have the most experience with.

Racin', Chasin', Stylin' or profilin' you can't beat the price of Beard's or PRP.

Best of Luck, Your new Bronco looks WAY smokin!

rdc

Scott, you know me way to well! :)
And the WRX is doing just fine too. The "all wheel drive slide" thing is going to take some getting used to though. I don't know how it will be in dirt but on the dry pavement it takes a whole lot to get that thing to let go but when it does, it feels very comfortable. Its just your going so damn fast when it finally lets go that it is kind of scary.

<font color=red>Shaun<font color=red>

michael

What is the difference between asking someone's opinon about shocks and someone's opinion about seats???
I'm not trying to start anything....I just don't see the difference..

Michael <A target="_blank" HREF=http://jmartin.net/parker/goose.htm>jmartin.net/parker/goose.htm</A>

rdc

What's up John, is this the new project truck? What happened to the new silverado? this seems a lot more economical!

John Bitting

Administrator
Derek, I am still going to buy the silverado, There is just so much out there for the broncos and this one was really clean I did not want to pass it up. The beam suspension is cheap to build and you can get 16" travel without widening it and keeping the 4wd, That is pretty good considering it would be about $6k for a frontend on a chevy that gets 16" travel, thats with widening it and going fiberglass fenders and then you should widen the back.. I thought this would be fun and work really good plus I can take the whole family out in it... The new silverado will remain stock and be my daily driver..

Michael, I will say this once again. The shock wars have been played out way too many times on Race-Dezert and we dont want to see them on here anymore. I think people can ask questions and make comments on things without going overboard, unfortunately with shocks they cannot seem to do so. Everyone has there favorite and will slam the other makers just because they dont run there product. Well like I said before we are friends with tons of people in this industry and we did not put this FREE page together for people to attack others. We welcome comments good or bad, that is why questions are asked. Just know that there is a limit, If you dont like a product have a good reason. Pat said the seat was uncomfortable, he did not slam the company. He gave his experience. With shock wars, I guarantee half the people talking trash have never ran all four shocks, They run one of them and hear stories on the others.. The four I am talking about are Sway-Away, King, Bilstien, Fox....