Race Suits ......New rules ???

Bajabell

Reaction
Can anyone confirm if SCORE has changed the Fire Suit Rules ???
Do the cloth helmet dust surrounds also have to be fireproof ???

We have been told that TWO layers of fire protection is now mandatory ....... IS THIS CORRECT ???
I have heard that single layer suits are no longer good enough unless you have fire proof underwear which then counts as the second layer.

A two layer suit with underwear sound like the safe way to go.

retroblazer

Reaction
Check score’s website. A two layer suit with fire resistant under wear should be a minimum. It is “safer”, but a small reminder that there is no such word as “safe” in racing.

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert

Bajabell

Reaction
CR 2 PROTECTIVE CLOTHING

Four-wheel Vehicles
Driving suits certified to SFI 3.2A/5 are required to effectively cover the body from the neck to the ankles and wrist. Driving Suits certified to SFI 3.2A/1 or 3.2A/2 may only be worn with a complete layer of underwear certified

to SFI 3.3.

ONE PIECE DRIVING SUITS ARE MANDATORY. Drivers suits must be in good condition and free of damage (i.e. holes, tears, rips, etc.) Driving gloves are recommended and must be made of leather and/or other fire- resistant material containing no holes.

A 2" high by 4" long area on the upper left chest area of the driving suit must remain open for SCORE's use. SCORE will designate at the start of each new season what patches will be placed in this area.

retroblazer

Reaction
There is no rule covering helmet skirts currently. (Not to worry, the safety equipment pushers will want some FIA standard to be applied)Also note that the same standard for a driver now applies to your refueler as well.

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert

Chris Tobin

Reaction
Can anyone confirm if SCORE has changed the Fire Suit Rules ???
Do the cloth helmet dust surrounds also have to be fireproof ???

We have been told that TWO layers of fire protection is now mandatory ....... IS THIS CORRECT ???
I have heard that single layer suits are no longer good enough unless you have fire proof underwear which then counts as the second layer.

A two layer suit with underwear sound like the safe way to go.
If you are needing a new suit in time for the 1000 check out www.racesuitrental.com, they have nice quality gear at a VERY good price!!! My son and I are renting our gear from them...