Race tire evaluation

swiftracing5

Reaction
i just purchased a 12 car with those tires
i come from class 9 so everything is new to us
what was sketchy about 22 psi ? did you think that was a little low?
what psi did you normally run ?
thanx for your help!!!
All other tires we’ve generally run in the 28-32 range in our class. Lower pressure helps with traction but leaves the tire vulnerable to sticks and flats. It seemed like when we Ran at 22 the added traction allowed you to place the car much better and not hit things. At 28 there is not enough traction and I was hitting everything and getting flats.

McCredie A

Reaction
i just purchased a 12 car with those tires
i come from class 9 so everything is new to us
what was sketchy about 22 psi ? did you think that was a little low?
what psi did you normally run ?
thanx for your help!!!

I will let you in on a true baja secret when it comes to the perfect tire pressure. Go to Paris de noche, bring the girl back to your place. Have her blow the tires up by mouth..... Guaranteed they will be "rock hard" and the perfect pressure. Last step pray to god you do not have a "blow out"

Frye Racing

Reaction
We just finished the 1000 on a 5U car on the same set of BFGs. We ran them at 22PSI which I had my doubts about, but they were flawless. Didn't have to change driving style at all.
What do you think about the new KR3? have you thought about changing? Just trying to find someone that has run the 10.5 KR2 and the 11.5 KR3 to see what they think?

swiftracing5

Reaction
What do you think about the new KR3? have you thought about changing? Just trying to find someone that has run the 10.5 KR2 and the 11.5 KR3 to see what they think?
I still think the tensor is the best front tire(for beam car) due to the weight and edge. But I’d be really comfortable with them in the rear.

Slippery P

Reaction
D194C0A4-9A31-4B35-A0F0-F5A57D5CBD5F.jpeg

what’s the verdict on these?

Reno Off-Road

Reaction
View attachment 222073
what’s the verdict on these?
Excellent tire. Last a long time through all types of terrain. Tough terrain. I am. BFG dealer and sell BFG race tires every day. Not for bragging but to support my reason for feed back. I sell a lot of these to Jeep speed racers, class 1 dezert racers in the US. Racers I support and they finish races on them without issues. I ship containers of them international for rally racers, like Dakar Rally, China, Brazil and Qatar. Not all of the KDR2 have red / blue letters though. 35’s are black letters.

Tube ride

Reaction
IMG_20210115_085133063_HDR.jpg
Today was a good day! Got my kr3-softs!!!! I can't believe how light these tires are . These are the best off-road tires ever made!! In my opinion

Big Whitey

Reaction
Swift forgot that we changed out our rears at 440 and put the 11.50 kr3 on the rear to help with the sand on that half the course. We did not need to, we would have and could have kept the 10.50 on but I wanted to try the bigger tire. They worked great. I will be buying more. Yes a lot heavier than the 10.5 so if your one of those skinny weight conscious people than you won’t like them. I also went to the wider wheel to keep them more square

misterktm

Reaction
Excellent tire. Last a long time through all types of terrain. Tough terrain. I am. BFG dealer and sell BFG race tires every day. Not for bragging but to support my reason for feed back. I sell a lot of these to Jeep speed racers, class 1 dezert racers in the US. Racers I support and they finish races on them without issues. I ship containers of them international for rally racers, like Dakar Rally, China, Brazil and Qatar. Not all of the KDR2 have red / blue letters though. 35’s are black letters.

You may sell allot of BFG's to 'Jeep' owners but I'm pretty sure you have not sold to any actual 'Jeepspeed' racers....We are a spec tire class, and it isn't BFG.

swiftracing5

Reaction
Just going to put this out there. 3 of the top class 5 cars at Parker had issues with the Tensors(Zac, Us, Schweers). Winner was on BFGs.

Jakes 10 car ran 37 x 11.50 tensor and no issues, could this be the start of the 37 era in 10?

Jakes 5 car was testing 37s this week... here we go...

E.Hagle

Reaction
Just going to put this out there. 3 of the top class 5 cars at Parker had issues with the Tensors(Zac, Us, Schweers). Winner was on BFGs.

Jakes 10 car ran 37 x 11.50 tensor and no issues, could this be the start of the 37 era in 10?

Jakes 5 car was testing 37s this week... here we go...
We weighed the tensors against the new bfg for our class 10 tire. The bfg was on average 11.5 lbs heavier than the tensor. The tensor is quick, a 37” tensor might be pretty bitchen as well. But the 2000 flat free miles our bfg tires have gone is better than any rotational weight loss, or advantage a 37 would give us. Until class 10 bumps up horsepower I don’t see an advantage in running a lightweight tire through the rockiest nastiest terrain on planet earth.

swiftracing5

Reaction
We weighed the tensors against the new bfg for our class 10 tire. The bfg was on average 11.5 lbs heavier than the tensor. The tensor is quick, a 37” tensor might be pretty bitchen as well. But the 2000 flat free miles our bfg tires have gone is better than any rotational weight loss, or advantage a 37 would give us. Until class 10 bumps up horsepower I don’t see an advantage in running a lightweight tire through the rockiest nastiest terrain on planet earth.
I don't disagree, but does BFG make a comparable 37"? It seems Tensor is the only option at the moment, unless you go with a "truck" tire and have it shaved to get close on weight. I know Grabowski was doing it in the rear of their 5 car with Big 37 BFGs but like you said, it would not pull well.

On a 5 car front end, 11.5 lbs is a big difference, prep and handling with 2.0 shocks changes alot. But that is my little niche, I don't know if you feel a difference on A arms?

E.Hagle

Reaction
I don't disagree, but does BFG make a comparable 37"? It seems Tensor is the only option at the moment, unless you go with a "truck" tire and have it shaved to get close on weight. I know Grabowski was doing it in the rear of their 5 car with Big 37 BFGs but like you said, it would not pull well.

On a 5 car front end, 11.5 lbs is a big difference, prep and handling with 2.0 shocks changes alot. But that is my little niche, I don't know if you feel a difference on A arms?
With 175 horsepower we don’t really have an interest in going to a bigger or heavier tire. Throwing around that weight even on a arms is still substantial on steering, braking, acceleration. I’d assume that the 37 tensor is somewhere in the ballpark weight of the bfg 35, but still puncture prone.

To answer your question I don’t believe bfg has a 37 lightweight buggy tire.

I couldn’t believe reading that the Toyota Dakar team has over 100 flats between 3 trucks on a bfg.