• Forum membership has its advantages....

Race Tires other then BFG/Toyo/General

GATRELL

Curious to hear how teams running any of the other brands out there ie. Yokohama, XComp by Gladiator, Tri Ace and ProComp are working for them. Or not working for them.Thanks

Chris_Wilson

I think race results speak for themselves on this.. if you are talking about racing tires on racing cars.

az_amsoil

I'd like to see Maxxis step up with a less aggressive (Ultra4) rock tire that could be used in desert off-road racing

GATRELL

I think race results speak for themselves on this.. if you are talking about racing tires on racing cars.
No denying about BFG success, looks like Toyo is a popular 2nd choice at least in TT. We ran on Goodyears for years, had really good luck with them and enjoyed the fact that we weren't just part of the crowd. But as are the years go by, stock pile has dwindled and need taller tires for a couple of trucks. Writing is on the wall,time for a change and racing is just too darn expensive to roll the dice on 2nd, 3rd rate tires.