Race Trax Question?

Baja Dad

Reaction
Why is it so hard for MOST of the co-drivers to push the PASS ALERT Button?

1.When you are Passing a racer in front of you the Button needs to be pushed to tell the slower racer you are there and give them time to move over.
2.When you are getting Passed the Racer in front needs to respond to let the faster racer know you are looking for a spot to move over.

ALSO: When you are stopped on the cores or the side of the cores you need to also push the Triangle button to let on coming racers you are stopped

It is not that hard !!! Think Safety !!!!!

WE had way too many racers INGORE the pass alert and many more that did not even try to use this GREAT safety device.

( Yes I know that not all racers had the unit due to Race Trax running out. )

Al in all the Mint was a great event ..........

AlaskaBaja

Reaction
They need a better co-driver. I know there is a lot for a codriver to do on the right side of the car, but it's not that hard to press the button then the horn. Make it a habit.
I love it as a codriver because it is hard to tell if someone is behind you sometimes; and if they hit the button I'm able to let them know that we now know that they are behind us and we need to get out of the way. It gives us, as a team, a chance to get out of the way so both cars won't get damaged and knock both of us out of the race with the good old tap.
We crash hard because a team did not hit the button that lets you know they are broken or crash in the course and ended our day and their day only got worst. I made sure to turn it on after we crash to help the teams behind us to not end their day like ours.
It's a great system and we need to make sure the codriver knows how to use it before the race starts.

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert mobile app

BigBlue&Goldie

Reaction
It's a great system, and I agree that it doesn't get used enough. I think the big problem is a lot of "co drivers" are just riders, and not aware of what the job entails. If your co-dawg isn't using this button they are doing you a disservice.

It does get tricky when you are 3 deep and the guy in front of you presses the button and you can't tell if someone is on your ass.

dirtslinger

Reaction
FYI, not all cars got the pass the alerts, they didn't get enough of them made. Believe it or not, Class 11 was one of the classes to not get one!

Baja Dad

Reaction
FYI, not all cars got the pass the alerts, they didn't get enough of them made. Believe it or not, Class 11 was one of the classes to not get one!
Yes that is noted in my 1st post.

IMO
All cars in the first race should have had them

Then they should have been pulling them off Race 1 vehicles as the finished and putting them on Race two Vehicles before they started.

dirtslinger

Reaction
That would have been a good idea, I was pretty surprised when they told me I wasn't getting one. And I bought a mount for the damn thing.

I missed the part on your first about not having enough of them.

RacingTraX

Reaction
We actually built 250 additional units for this event, 50 more than even the highest expected entree numbers. After we assembled the 250 units and started loading the firmware we realized that our circuit board builder put 64k memory chips on 150 of the 250 boards we ordered instead of the 128k chip that was ordered. We did everything in our power to try and fix the problem but we just ran out of time.

RacingTraX

Reaction
We knew that the fastest guy from the morning race would just be finishing at the same time the Trick trucks would be staging, we couldn’t count on enough vehicles finishing in time to get enough AlertTraX off and then onto cars in the second race. EVERY car had tracking though just FYI. Just not AlertTraX (the vehicle to vehicle system)

dirtslinger

Reaction
The tracking was awesome, the product is great. I was only surprised that the typically slowest class of the morning race didn't get them. The alert would have been very useful for us.

RacingTraX

Reaction
Thanks for the compliment and we are really sorry to everyone who didn’t get an AlertTraX, It was a horrible problem with no good solution unfortunately. I’m incredibly grateful that the rain at least kept down most of the dust so visibility was better than normal. Next race... AlertTraX for everyone for sure!!!

Dirty Harry

Reaction
Then they should have been pulling them off Race 1 vehicles as the finished and putting them on Race two Vehicles before they started.
It’s a good idea in theory but as you know very few vehicles had finished the AM race before the PM race started.

Baja Dad

Reaction
We actually built 250 additional units for this event, 50 more than even the highest expected entree numbers. After we assembled the 250 units and started loading the firmware we realized that our circuit board builder put 64k memory chips on 150 of the 250 boards we ordered instead of the 128k chip that was ordered. We did everything in our power to try and fix the problem but we just ran out of time.
You have a GREAT product and I for one think the unit will save life's .

so Back on topic..... Why do some just ignore it?

there were a lot of racers that just did not push the button
Its a shame..... Some are "big time racers " that is what bugs me

but all in all it was a Great event!!!!

Last edited:

RacingTraX

Reaction
Yeah feedback would be great. Are you a racer who’s raced with the AlertTraX (red box)? Did you use it? How did it work for you? If you raced with it and didn’t use it, why not?

Baja Dad

Reaction
Yeah feedback would be great. Are you a racer who’s raced with the AlertTraX (red box)? Did you use it? How did it work for you? If you raced with it and didn’t use it, why not?
yes
Great
we have used it on both motos and 4wheels.
Our Team uses it religiously.............. It works...........
But--- WAY to many drivers and Co drivers won't ( Why )

This pass weekend at the Mint out of the 10 cars that caught and passed us only 2 used it
and 1 UTV#961 just ran up and KISSED are rear bumper with out any warning or pushing the button
We have the GREEN paint to prove it.

I understand it is a NEW Safety tool but it needs to be used, its not that hard.

BRINGTHERUCKUS

Nimrod de PMC
Reaction
Yes.
Works great when used by others.
Had a first time desert driver with me and being able to use this tool to help keep us from holding up other cars or forcing them to make risky moves is great. It also helps with clean passes.

Thanks for the great product. Of course it needs work/fine tuning, but in the 4 races I've used it I have loved it.

Hacha

Reaction
having the complete system could of prevent an accident for us........

redline

Reaction
Maybe some have just gotten tired of the car in front ignoring it or think it is time to start rabbit running. I have had that happen a few times and it definitely makes things worse!

Baja Dad

Reaction
Maybe some have just gotten tired of the car in front ignoring it or think it is time to start rabbit running. I have had that happen a few times and it definitely makes things worse!
that is my point why do racers ignore it ?
It is not that hard ..... IF you get caught let the faster racer pass................