• Forum membership has its advantages....

Race truck and trailer stolen in Barstow last night

TrevorPiggott

My brother's friend was in Barstow this week and apparently last night someone stole his race truck and trailer out of the parking lot of their hotel. Please keep a lookout. Thank you.
13671758_1576543445973822_1615029998_n.jpg

y2kbaja

That sucks. He's been working on that thing forever.

Dezertpilot

Hope he gets his truck back and the thief chokes and dies!!!

coilover88

I stay at this hotel fairly often. They had problems many years ago but it seemed to get better the last few years. I say it "seemed" to get better because a few months ago I went outside for a smoke about 10:30 pm and interrupted a vehicle burglary. The guy ran to a waiting older 90's 4Runner, dark colored and oxidized or flat paint, which blew out of the lot at high speed with lights off. I talked to the victimized family the next day. They were in the middle of moving from Nebraska to Cali and had alot of property in their SUV. They lost a laptop along with a side window but were relieved to still have their other possessions including several guns.

I am sorry for your friend's loss and I hope the stolen truck is recovered and the thieves are jailed. The sad fact is we can't be overly cautious about securing property when we have to leave it out in the open overnight.

TrevorPiggott

Truck was supposedly spotted again heading towards Havasu. Seen in Nipton so it could be going towards Vegas as well. Was said again to being pulled by a dodge dually. Description given previous time was that the dually was half painted.

Last edited:

Kyle D

Was it headed towards Las Vegas? I'm in Las Vegas and will definitely keep a close eye out for it!!! NOTHING I hate worse than a thief!!!!!

TrevorPiggott

Right now it is believed to be in the bullhead/havasu area. But since we dont know its exact location please keep an eye out! thank you

43mod

rent an airplane for a couple of hours. You can cover a lot of ground . Probably a sympathetic person w plane down there. Good luck fellas I know how hard you work on things to be able to be in this sport.

TrevorPiggott

rent an airplane for a couple of hours. You can cover a lot of ground . Probably a sympathetic person w plane down there. Good luck fellas I know how hard you work on things to be able to be in this sport.
It is my understanding that Craig Potts looked for it for an hour last night in either his plane or a helicopter.
Really goes to show how tight knit the off road racing community is

Rory

Crayola Killer
I would keep an eye on "Craigslist" for "Mohave county" for parts they might be selling.

harleys dad

Are these confirmed? If I saw it I would do what ever I could to follow it. When I was at the Hampton in at the last Barstow race a motorcycle got stolen out of the bed of a truck. the night of the race. I hope these clowns get in a shoot out with the cops and die. I hate thiefs and sure hope you get your truck back

TrevorPiggott

Are these confirmed? If I saw it I would do what ever I could to follow it. When I was at the Hampton in at the last Barstow race a motorcycle got stolen out of the bed of a truck. the night of the race. I hope these clowns get in a shoot out with the cops and die. I hate thiefs and sure hope you get your truck back
The sighting of the truck off the trailer in the desert outside of Laughlin was the most legit sighting as I understand it. The spotters were able to identify specific features about the truck. We are from Norcal and the spotting have been from Central cal at first to now where we believe it still is, AZ. They are not confirmed but the consistencies of the tow vehicle (Dodge dually) give them some credibility. Thank you for support. We hope to see the truck back soon. The community effort has been well beyond unbelievable.

I would keep an eye on "Craigslist" for "Mohave county" for parts they might be selling.
At this point we think they live in AZ and may be home. We have reason to believe they are aware of the truck being widely searched for so at this point they may part it out so we will be checking craigslist. Thank you for the suggestion!

Dezertpilot

ACME

Try posting on Glamis Dunes in the forum and classifieds. Pretty active Buggy-Off Road group in that area on there. "Half painted" Dodge and a prerunner or parts being sold off would be something someone would know about.