Raceing Rally cross in dezert truck?

dezdude

<font color="#800000"><b> RDC Photographer</b></fo
Reaction
Just curious is it possable to race a rally cross race with a dezert truck?
I notice their was a stock truck (with a tool box in the back yet) and a Jeep with glass fenders. Anybody know????

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
Yup last year at the Tombstone event they had a prerunner class for us. Pat Kapko and a few others showed up and raced it.

Crayfish

Reaction
I thought about racing my desert truck but I have a lousy turning radius and no E-brake and you definatly need an E-brake.

Oh well

Later

dezdude

Reaction
Cool hopefully next time we could get some dezert trucks out their. That would be way cool.

I have to say it was really weird taking pictures of cars. But all in all it was a lot of fun.

Maybe some of us could get together and rent a car for the day and race it. It is always good to wreck somebody else's car. It's probably real good cross training for the dezert. I'm sure it can help you learn a lot a bought setting up for an up coming corner. Since it is all a bought corners and sliding

bajaboy

Reaction
I'd be in on renting a car !! Is there any place we can practice ? I've never taken anything else in the dirt except a truck and bike. I'm sure you need a helmet , Any other requirements ? (firesuit?)

Bajaboy

dezdude

Reaction
Nope just a helmet. and full coverage on the rental just in case. I got to ride in Crayfish's rental all I had to do was put on a helmet.

Buy the way thanks again for the ride.

bajaboy

Reaction
When is the next event at Tombstone ? I'd like to try it out ?

Bajaboy

Crayfish

Reaction
There is another rallycross on June 1st up in Frazier Park for those of you not going to the Baja 500. We will be at the rallycross in full force in the Daewoo Rent-A-Wreck. There is another one there on June 14th. I have never been to the Frazier Park rallycross but if it's anything like Tombstone it will be a blast. It's up the 5 fwy past Magic Mountain and this one starts in the morning 10:00 a.m. or so.

It's about 2 hours from my house in South O.C. some of you guys are closer.

Schedule and Results

Have fun

Crayfish

Crayfish

Reaction
I found the flier for this weekends Rallycross (June 1st) Hopefully some of you can make it.

Have fun

Crayfish

Attachments

Crayfish

Reaction
Classes are: SS2-street stock 2wd, SS4-street stock 4wd, O2-open 2wd, O4-open 4wd and sometimes a truck/prerunner class. The difference between SS and Open are tires, SS=street tires Open=rally tires. I enter open 2wd even though I have street tires on the rental.

Later

Crayfish

bajaboy

Reaction
Hey Guys,

I've been thinking about doing this rally thing for awhile and would like to really give it a try ! Who's in on renting a car or has a junker we can use ?! I'm even interested in going to a school, I've done my time in desert racing and would like to do a little "cross training". Any opinions on what car to use out there(most common,cheapest,performance) ? I'm sure its alot different from driving a open wheel car or prerunner. PM me or reply if anyone is interested !!

Bajaboy, Eric Yee

bajaboy

Reaction
Just got hooked up with rally school !! Possibly a 2002 WRX too !!

Every desert racer I have talk to has not wanted to try this out, including guys who drove Trophy trucks, 1 cars and 10 cars , Why ? I'm sure its just as hard, but not harder. Every road racer has been in ? How would you guys compare the two ?!

Bajaboy

Heck ! Is anyone even into rally driving out there anymore ?! Maybe it was last weeks fad ?!!

dezdude

Reaction
I am definatly interested in going to more events and possably racing its just the hole money thing. Pluss need the time to many events not enough time.

bajaboy

Reaction
Yeah, money does become a problem for us desert racers! What sucks is that I had to leave my desert racing job , to make more money to race !?!?

I'm not tired of desert racing , just want to try something new. Rally Cross seems alittle cheaper than desert racing, I'm not going to dive in with all top of the line stuff. Hopefully more people from the desert racing community are willing to give this a try. I got some SCCA guys who road race giving this a try and they got some leads on a good car to trash out there.

Sucks that the events are so far away, one doesn't hit SoCal for awhile,the school doesn't run till Sept.

Bajaboy

SANDlessNSeattle

rock solid user name
Reaction
I'm working on getting involved up here....NW.....cause I don't live near the desert anymore.....but now with the SCCA suspension deal....I'm kinda PO'd so we will see what the future holds....I was supposed to be on way out of town right now heading to a rally ...BUT....so now I sit.....