RacePak Dash

punchdrunk monkey

Reaction
Does anyone use the Racepak dash? How do you like it? Is it easy to read? I was looking into the model 250-DS-UDXSR for my VW Thing. I have limited dash space and thought this would clean-up the dash.

Where is the cheapest place to buy them?

diirk

Reaction
I'll be in the market for one soon, so if you get any info, please share it.

desertspeed

Reaction
Does anyone use the Racepak dash? How do you like it? Is it easy to read? I was looking into the model 250-DS-UDXSR for my VW Thing. I have limited dash space and thought this would clean-up the dash.

Where is the cheapest place to buy them?

I am looking for the same dash right now, and have been keeping an eye out on craigslist and ebay since December, and haven't found a single one for sale.

You can buy it directly from Racepak for $725- I haven't seen it cheaper anywhere else (there aren't too many places that sell it) and Racepak has very good techinical support. I plan on just getting it from them directly.

One thing I found out is that if you buy it from them and need any special programming (there are additional input ports that you can program for other sensors) they will do it for you, so you don't have to purchase the software ($100).

Combz08

Reaction
I am looking for the same dash right now, and have been keeping an eye out on craigslist and ebay since December, and haven't found a single one for sale.

You can buy it directly from Racepak for $725- I haven't seen it cheaper anywhere else (there aren't too many places that sell it) and Racepak has very good techinical support. I plan on just getting it from them directly.

One thing I found out is that if you buy it from them and need any special programming (there are additional input ports that you can program for other sensors) they will do it for you, so you don't have to purchase the software ($100).

Now is that $725 for just the dash or is that for all the wiring and everything??

desertspeed

Reaction
Now is that $725 for just the dash or is that for all the wiring and everything??

The UDX-SR is the street version, and includes all of the wiring and sensors. This dash is NOT a recorder like some of their other dashes, so it is not as useful for engine tuning/racing etc.

From the Racepak Website:

● Four Screen Pages / 20 Programmable Displays
● Backlit For Day Or Night Operation
● Warning Lights / Function Buttons
● Minimum / Maximum Recall
● Engine RPM / Water Temp / Oil Pressure & Temp / Battery Volts
● Speedometer / Odometer / Trip Odometer *
● Mile Per Hour or KPH / English or Metric
● Fuel Level*
● Expandable With Optional Sensors
* Using customer’s sending units.
Check out these outstanding features……
STREET ROD DASH
FOR THE STREET ENTHUSIAST WHO DEMANDS MORE
THAN SIMPLE GAUGES CAN PROVIDE
RACEPAK ULTRA DASH EXTREME
PN# 250-DS-UDXSR
Overall dimensions of the UDXSR
are 4.0” tall and 10.2” wide. Four studs on
the back of the dash facilitate mounting, and
it will stand out .750” from the mounting
surface. The 7.25” x 2.62” LCD backlit
display screen provides easy readability at
night or in bright sunlight.
Would you like to hear the best
news about the UDX Street Dash? All of
these features are available for less money
than you would pay for a cluster of round
gauges to display the same functions.
Racepak’s UDX Street Dash
Everyone likes to be well informed when it comes to the well-being of their prized street machine,
but not everyone wants a dash full of round gauges. Racepak has that problem with this compact, lightweight
digital instrument panel that does everything a cluster of round gauges can do...and much more.
The Racepak UDXSR Street Dash has all of the amenities needed for a street driven vehicle. By using the
sensors included in the UDX kit, with some of your existing sensors, this dash will provide you with the ability to
display your engine RPM, speedometer, odometer, trip odometer, water temperature, oil temperature, oil pressure,
battery voltage, and fuel level. It also includes warning indicator lights for such items as low oil pressure, high
water temperature, turn signals, high beam, and parking brake. Standard also is a relay for an electric fan
controller. Additional functions can be monitored by purchasing the appropriate V-Net module and sensor, along
with the programming software.
The UDXSR dash is capable of displaying up to 21 different functions. The dash has four scrollable screen
pages, and each page has five numeric displays and a sweep bar. The dash is preprogrammed by Racepak, but
with the optional programming software you have complete freedom to configure each page of the dash as you
choose. Scrolling from page to page is accomplished with the push of a button on the dash.
In addition to the informative real time display the UDXSR takes things a step further by offering on-screen
recall of the minimum and maximum values recorded on each monitored function.
Each dash has an output for a shift light. The single shift point RPM can be programmed right on the
screen of the dash. No chips or software are required. The dash buttons are also used to set the low and high
warning threshold levels for the warning lights located on each side of the display screen.
250-DS-UDXSR, Ultra Dash Extreme Street Dash $725.00
250-UG-UDXPG, Ultra Dash Programming Software $100.00

Combz08

Reaction
The UDX-SR is the street version, and includes all of the wiring and sensors. This dash is NOT a recorder like some of their other dashes, so it is not as useful for engine tuning/racing etc.

From the Racepak Website:

● Four Screen Pages / 20 Programmable Displays
● Backlit For Day Or Night Operation
● Warning Lights / Function Buttons
● Minimum / Maximum Recall
● Engine RPM / Water Temp / Oil Pressure & Temp / Battery Volts
● Speedometer / Odometer / Trip Odometer *
● Mile Per Hour or KPH / English or Metric
● Fuel Level*
● Expandable With Optional Sensors
* Using customer’s sending units.
Check out these outstanding features……
STREET ROD DASH
FOR THE STREET ENTHUSIAST WHO DEMANDS MORE
THAN SIMPLE GAUGES CAN PROVIDE
RACEPAK ULTRA DASH EXTREME
PN# 250-DS-UDXSR
Overall dimensions of the UDXSR
are 4.0” tall and 10.2” wide. Four studs on
the back of the dash facilitate mounting, and
it will stand out .750” from the mounting
surface. The 7.25” x 2.62” LCD backlit
display screen provides easy readability at
night or in bright sunlight.
Would you like to hear the best
news about the UDX Street Dash? All of
these features are available for less money
than you would pay for a cluster of round
gauges to display the same functions.
Racepak’s UDX Street Dash
Everyone likes to be well informed when it comes to the well-being of their prized street machine,
but not everyone wants a dash full of round gauges. Racepak has that problem with this compact, lightweight
digital instrument panel that does everything a cluster of round gauges can do...and much more.
The Racepak UDXSR Street Dash has all of the amenities needed for a street driven vehicle. By using the
sensors included in the UDX kit, with some of your existing sensors, this dash will provide you with the ability to
display your engine RPM, speedometer, odometer, trip odometer, water temperature, oil temperature, oil pressure,
battery voltage, and fuel level. It also includes warning indicator lights for such items as low oil pressure, high
water temperature, turn signals, high beam, and parking brake. Standard also is a relay for an electric fan
controller. Additional functions can be monitored by purchasing the appropriate V-Net module and sensor, along
with the programming software.
The UDXSR dash is capable of displaying up to 21 different functions. The dash has four scrollable screen
pages, and each page has five numeric displays and a sweep bar. The dash is preprogrammed by Racepak, but
with the optional programming software you have complete freedom to configure each page of the dash as you
choose. Scrolling from page to page is accomplished with the push of a button on the dash.
In addition to the informative real time display the UDXSR takes things a step further by offering on-screen
recall of the minimum and maximum values recorded on each monitored function.
Each dash has an output for a shift light. The single shift point RPM can be programmed right on the
screen of the dash. No chips or software are required. The dash buttons are also used to set the low and high
warning threshold levels for the warning lights located on each side of the display screen.
250-DS-UDXSR, Ultra Dash Extreme Street Dash $725.00
250-UG-UDXPG, Ultra Dash Programming Software $100.00

Sweet thanks i think i might go that route then instead of all the gauges

punchdrunk monkey

Reaction
Maybe we should call them and see if we can get a group discount?

E&S Racing

F.A.I.T.H.
Reaction
The RacePak Dash is awesome. We used it in our Jefferies Racing Avenger, our Hyrbid TT and we currently have it in Bilek's Class 1 car (Also a Jefferies Racing Avenger). In all three cars we jhad two RacePak dashes. 1 for the driver and 1 for the co-dawg. It worked out well.

charlie_brown

Reaction
i have been looking for this one for a while. any ideas? i like the mechanical tach with everything else digital.

Attachments

• gauge cluster.jpg
    gauge cluster.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 826

Jerry Zaiden

Reaction
The Racepak dashes really don't have a ton of margin in them so it is real hard to get a good deal on them. I think they only put in maybe a 10-15% discount so don't expect a big break if any at all....

This is why you don't see anyone really selling them....

Jerry Zaiden

Reaction
I would go with Racepak or AIM. We are going with the Racepak in the new TT's...

If anyone wants to get on a group order for a Racepak let me know ans we are putting in an order soon....

charlie_brown

Reaction
I would go with Racepak or AIM. We are going with the Racepak in the new TT's...

If anyone wants to get on a group order for a Racepak let me know ans we are putting in an order soon....

i would rather have the stack. why dont you become a dealer jerry? how about a group order for the stack?

diirk

Reaction

I'm in for a GB on a RacePak. Thanks for offering to put something together.

punchdrunk monkey

Reaction
I am also in on the Rackpak. Thanks for stepping up (so I didn't have to do it :p). You might have a little more buying power than me.

scary fast hummer

Reaction
Do the Racepak/stakhouse systems work on trucks like mine with ZERO computers in them? I have a cable driven speedo, etc. absolutely nothing is computer driven. Also, my big old diesel only revs to 2300 rpm max. Thats hardly a blip on these tachos. Is there a way to double up the rpm make a larger sweep??

TIA,

Cole

racer56

Reaction
Do the Racepak/stakhouse systems work on trucks like mine with ZERO computers in them? I have a cable driven speedo, etc. absolutely nothing is computer driven. Also, my big old diesel only revs to 2300 rpm max. Thats hardly a blip on these tachos. Is there a way to double up the rpm make a larger sweep??

TIA,

Cole

The Racepak dash is offered in a stand alone system and the RPM range is fully programmable.

Zambo

Reaction
I like the idea of a racepak or similar setup, but I HATE digital gauges. How anybody reads them when bouncing around I'll never know. Now if someone made a solid state display that your could customize with round dials or tape gauges with colored warning bands then it would be awesome.