Racers.... Full Floating or Semi Floating

F.A.S.T.clothing

Reaction
I just want to know how many 1450/7 racers are running a full floating hub. I was planning on doing that in my gmr 9" housing but were talking an extra 3000 for front and rear of money I would not have to spend if i stuck with like a large bearing 35 spline currie semi floating axle and d44 spindle up front.

let me know what you are using and your motor size, along with anything that has happen to you in a race, snap a stud, etc?

i want to get my truck done, and I am hearing two different things, I dont know what to do.

Reaction
I used to replace my Currie 35 spline flanged axles after every 500 to 750 race miles (unles it was a longer race), after that I would break them often. They always break just outside the Set 20 bearing. Cost me aroud $500 a set, I still have several used ones left with 5/8" studs if you want them. We were racing Stock Full with 450 HP and 35" Baja T/As.

F.A.S.T.clothing

Reaction
so are you still running the same set up? how long are your axles, are they equal length? what size housing was it in

Giant Geoff

Reaction
If the truck is over 6000 lb. and 500 h.p. then a floater is needed.
If your under, 4-linked and a strong housing? Then the semi floaters are great.

Dezertpilot

Reaction
Get the Floater hubs, will be better peace of mind, safer and in the long run save you $$$.

maxyedor

Reaction
My truck came stock with a floater, I will never own a semi-floater again. Changing a 3rd member without a jack in about 15 minutes is so choice.

I'd estimate that somewhere around 95% of the 1400/1450 trucks out there run a semi-floater though. It is cool to have the same hubs on all 4 corners (my truck came stock like that too) but why couldn't you run a D44 front end and floater rear?