Racing in 1300

DougRobinson

Reaction
I have never raced an off-road race before and 1300 seems to be the class I fit into. Just want to hear from everyone that races in or has raced this class. Pics(1300 cars) and any info/advice related to desert racing would be nice. Let me know which races you race in or recommend racing in and why.
Heres a pic of my car

Theres more info and pics of my car in my build thread
http://www.race-dezert.com/forum/showthread.php?t=62597

Once I decide on what races I would like to race in I will get started on putting a team together. Anybody that can help in anyway such as sponsorships or that lives near by and wouldnt mind giving me a hand shoot me a PM. If there is anybody interested in Pre-Running or racing as co-pilot that is willing to split or cover race fees and or gas the spot is open.

Some things I can use help obtaining for a decent price -
Fire Suit
Helmet
Radio
Spare wheel/tire

Last edited:

prdracefab

Reaction
I have never raced an off-road race before and 1300 seems to be the class I fit into. Just want to hear from everyone that races in or has raced this class. Pics(1300 cars) and any info/advice related to desert racing would be nice. Let me know which races you race in or recommend racing in and why.
Heres a pic of my car

Theres more info and pics of my car in my build thread
http://www.race-dezert.com/forum/showthread.php?t=62597

Once I decide on what races I would like to race in I will get started on putting a team together. Anybody that can help in anyway such as sponsorships or that lives near by and wouldnt mind giving me a hand shoot me a PM. If there is anybody interested in Pre-Running or racing as co-pilot that is willing to split or cover race fees and or gas the spot is open.
why not try the drive night race the pace will be a little slower and you will be able to see other vehicles coming ( due to the lights) my first race was a night race , loved it also not as many distractions cause you can only see whats in front of you. would be interested in a race prep for drive in a future race if interested pm me

prdracefab

Reaction
why not try the drive night race the pace will be a little slower and you will be able to see other vehicles coming ( due to the lights) my first race was a night race , loved it also not as many distractions cause you can only see whats in front of you. would be interested in a race prep for drive in a future race if interested pm me
we can also offer pit support we currently have 5 cars in our camp racing the drive and mdr series

DougRobinson

Reaction

I wont be able to get the car or funds ready by then unfortunately. Although a night race sounds like fun to me. I had a ton of fun driving this thing around Ocotillo wells at night especially with all the light I got =)

prdracefab

Reaction
also at the last drive race greg who races class 10 now raced his 4 seater in 1300 for an overall win with 4 people on board

prdracefab

Reaction
I wont be able to get the car or funds ready by then unfortunately. Although a night race sounds like fun to me. I had a ton of fun driving this thing around Ocotillo wells at night especially with all the light I got =)

well the next night race is three weeks after the drive race MDR if it runs on pump gas you should be able to run the race for under a grand maybe less if i can swing some fuel

1BAJA03

Reaction
If you can't race come on out and join the fun. Tons of great people and new friends to be made. This would be good to come out and help another crew best way to learn.

DougRobinson

Reaction
well the next night race is three weeks after the drive race MDR if it runs on pump gas you should be able to run the race for under a grand maybe less if i can swing some fuel

Yeah its running on 91.

If you can't race come on out and join the fun. Tons of great people and new friends to be made. This would be good to come out and help another crew best way to learn.

I will most likely be there. A few friends already plan on going so Im gonna try to carpool there =)

DougRobinson

Reaction
entry fee is 350 I think if you pre pay and fuel for ls type engine should be around 4 mpg give or take , three 40 mile laps fuel should be around 100 bucks , sure you cant make it?

Positive. Im replacing the clutch this week and also need to purchase a fire suit and helmet. Might be good to get a spare tire also... Theres other things im sure im forgetting about. Oh and another important thing I need to get is a job ;)

1BAJA03

Reaction
Already getting lots of help :) I'm sure someone has window nets laying around maybe borrow a SA rated helmet driving suit etc. You might have to get dirty and clean someones shop for them though but your racing!!!!

prdracefab

Reaction
Positive. Im replacing the clutch this week and also need to purchase a fire suit and helmet. Might be good to get a spare tire also... Theres other things im sure im forgetting about. Oh and another important thing I need to get is a job ;)
jobs are over rated LOL what do you do?

1BAJA03

Reaction
I know my yard needs to be mowed, car & truck washed, weekend warrior cleaned out :) If you stick with it I'll be racing the night race :) You can offer racers you'll wipe down theie cars after they pre-run. So the cars & trucks look good for the start.

DougRobinson

Reaction
jobs are over rated LOL what do you do?

I was fabricating before it became near impossible to find a job doing that. I built my car pictured in the first post. Now im trying to get started with CNC machining somehow. Help anyone? Ill sweep floors in trade for learning to use CNC ;)

1BAJA03

Reaction
Go down to Fiberwerx and clean-up and get the shop back to working order. Make sure they're getting the TT ready for the night race also.

prdracefab

Reaction
I was fabricating before it became near impossible to find a job doing that. I built my car pictured in the first post. Now im trying to get started with CNC machining somehow. Help anyone? Ill sweep floors in trade for learning to use CNC ;)
car looks good , ill ask around for some cnc apprentice jobs , i know a guy who works out of his house