Racing IS therapy

43mod

Reaction
My work has become no fun. 51 years old and started this job at 12 . Bad attitude prevails way too often. I just spent 2 long days in the shop working out truggy 4 link mounts. Much much better now.

Speedster

Reaction

retroblazer

Reaction
My wife suggests that depression is a better option than racing.

Fortunately she is good humored about my racing, and knows that I spend close to every waking minute thinking about it. So we alternate depression, she gets depressed when I buy parts and I get depressed when she buys everything but groceries.

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert mobile app

Perm97

Reaction
My wife suggests that depression is a better option than racing.
Rest in peace. My wife took me to the drag track for the first time. I'm still way more into off-road but hopefully I can build both her and our daughter race cars soon.

Crusty Shellback

Reaction
I actually have that at work sometimes.
Riding a ship out in the open ocean with no contact via cell phone, regular phone or Email for a few days. Only by sat phone or radio. And there is usually some one else to answer that.
I enjoy the solititude. Wife can't quite understand it.

EMS702

Rescue 1
Reaction
I always use the #dirttherapy in my social media posts when out in the desert. I am a desert rat born and raised in Vegas. I don't race necessarily, help provide race rescue for Motorports Safety Solutions with @ndvalium and a few others. The Mint was a great example of the pleasure and Joy I get from the desert and racing. When you added the rain and smell of the wet sage with the limited dust. Then you could start to see the lights of the cars in the dusky, rainy, haze of the desert it was like the most peaceful I had felt in quite awhile. Only a few more days till The Silver Sate 300. Central Nevada high desert at it's finest. can't wait.

cynicwanderer

Reaction
I used to suffer from depression and therapy/drugs didn't help. once I started racing motorcycles, my wife started encouraging it. She prefers the effects much better than some of the drugs I tried, like I Wellbutrin. I respect this and try to manage the time/money spent on it to a reasonable level, i.e. healthy balance. I think that the stress experienced during racing far outweighs the stresses experienced during day/day at work or home, making those easy to deal with, now. after all, I don't usually worry about close brushes with death at work, just maybe the commute to/from...