Racing LEGACY ?

Reno Off-Road

Reaction
Who all will be racing the Legacy Racing Association - Desert Showdown in Pahrump in January?

I was planning on attending King of the Hammers as a vendor with my business Reno Off-Road (Parts & Accessories), however, I may be shifting the focus to this Legacy race and go there as a vendor. Also to potentially pick up a large load of Tri-Ace Dakar Rally tires I sell.

I am thinking the turn-out is going to a break, but I want to toss this out there to get a feel.

Jason Baden
info@renooffroad.com
www.renooffroad.com

ROR Logo Buggy 450 jp.jpg

January 7-10, 2021 – Pahrump, NV

Cars, Trucks, UTVs

Point-to-point race, approximately 250 miles

March 12-14, 2021, Laughlin, NV

Motorcycles, Quads

Loop race, approximately 100 miles

May 12-16, 2021 – Alamo, NV to Pahrump, NV

Cars, Trucks, UTVs, Motorcycles, Quads

Point-to-point race, approximately 500+ miles.

September 2-5, 2021, Location TBD

Motorcycles, Quads, UTVs

December 2-5, 2021, Jean, NV

Cars, Trucks, UTVs

Loop race, approximately 250 miles

MAC56

Reaction
The reasons why we decide to race an event are combination of the following.
Is the course a challenging enjoyable one, do you feal like you would have accomplished something by racing?
Legacy race in Pahrump: YES
Are the organizers fair, know what they are doing and have integrity?
Legacy : YES
Is the event to be run in a manner that gives high priority to the safety of all?
In light of COVID 19 will participation put
my friends and family at high risk?
Legacy : NO
Will the event be just the same oil thing or will new challenges be presented?
Legacy : yes not the same old thing

I have raced Off-road for 45 years, many different promoters all over the southwest and Baja (even Laguna Seca raceway in my Protruck!) , 21 years ago I was told of an organization that “got it right” and from that point on I was a BITD racer and Casey Folks became one of my best closest friends.
I was saddened to see Donald Jackson and Liz Marshall leave BITD but I remember how proud Casey was of both of them and how they became people that I respect and am proud to call friends.
my heart is pulled both directions as Daryl Folks is also my friend as are most of the BITD family.

Yes I am racing the Legacy race for the above reasons.
multi day races are most memorable and Vegas to Reno backwards should be awesome.
To me this is kind of like a family divorce and I will have to be respectful of both sides.
Kevin McGillivray, Team SPEC TT56/ UT 56 .

E.Hagle

Reaction
Alamo to Pahrump 500+ miles? Is this the supposed Vegas to Reno backwards? If it wasn’t so close to the Baja 500 we would probably give it a shot because August really sucks out in the Nevada desert.

JerryB

Reaction
Vegas to Reno backwards is BITD's plan for next year. Legacy is Alamo to Tonopah (day 1) then Tonopah to Pahrump (day 2) They're saying 300+ per day...Should be a blast. And in May, weather should be perfect!

Chas Moore

Reaction
I am not racing the first race, but plan to do the other three.

Battle Born Offroad is planning to be a contingency sponsor.

51rcr

Reaction
The reasons why we decide to race an event are combination of the following.
Is the course a challenging enjoyable one, do you feal like you would have accomplished something by racing?
Legacy race in Pahrump: YES
Are the organizers fair, know what they are doing and have integrity?
Is the event to be run in a manner that gives high priority to the safety of all?
In light of COVID 19 will participation put
my friends and family at high risk?
Legacy : NO
Will the event be just the same oil thing or will new challenges be presented?
Legacy : yes not the same old thing

I have raced Off-road for 45 years, many different promoters all over the southwest and Baja (even Laguna Seca raceway in my Protruck!) , 21 years ago I was told of an organization that “got it right” and from that point on I was a BITD racer and Casey Folks became one of my best closest friends.
I was saddened to see Donald Jackson and Liz Marshall leave BITD but I remember how proud Casey was of both of them and how they became people that I respect and am proud to call friends.
my heart is pulled both directions as Daryl Folks is also my friend as are most of the BITD family.

Yes I am racing the Legacy race for the above reasons.
multi day races are most memorable and Vegas to Reno backwards should be awesome.
To me this is kind of like a family divorce and I will have to be respectful of both sides.
Kevin McGillivray, Team SPEC TT56/ UT 56 .
did you do pikes peak in your pro truck?

51rcr

Reaction
We missed that due to some conflict that I don’t even remember. We would have remembered Pikes peak !
also passed on the Guam event due to my fear of rust.
Ok i went there when they ran once. i have some pictures somewhere

C4

Reaction
Who all will be racing the Legacy Racing Association - Desert Showdown in Pahrump in January?

I was planning on attending King of the Hammers as a vendor with my business Reno Off-Road (Parts & Accessories), however, I may be shifting the focus to this Legacy race and go there as a vendor. Also to potentially pick up a large load of Tri-Ace Dakar Rally tires I sell.

I am thinking the turn-out is going to a break, but I want to toss this out there to get a feel.

Jason Baden
info@renooffroad.com
www.renooffroad.com

View attachment 220085

January 7-10, 2021 – Pahrump, NV

Cars, Trucks, UTVs

Point-to-point race, approximately 250 miles

March 12-14, 2021, Laughlin, NV

Motorcycles, Quads

May 12-16, 2021 – Alamo, NV to Pahrump, NV

Cars, Trucks, UTVs, Motorcycles, Quads

Point-to-point race, approximately 500+ miles.

September 2-5, 2021, Location TBD

Motorcycles, Quads, UTVs

December 2-5, 2021, Jean, NV

Cars, Trucks, UTVs

Loop race, approximately 250 miles
I like BITD and also the people that have started Legacy. I wish them both the best in the future. With that said, if you sell off road parts and accessories you will do more business at KOH than you will in 1-2 YEARS worth of setting up at contingency. There will always be a need for last minute things at desert races and some teams go with the intent of picking up needed product at the race from you. At KOH however, it is a week and a half of race teams AND 20,000 fans that need parts. If you leave KOH without doubling your investment at the minimum, then you did something drastically wrong.