Racing LEGACY ?

Rcamp99

Reaction
i hope not
my decision to enter or not is some what based on entries in my class's ( 3 potential entry's 3 different classes)
good numbers on an entry list usually attracts more racers
If everyone has this mentality no one will ever sign up...

A phone call might help with your question. Donald has answered every question ive had so far with just a simple phone call. This is a new website, entry form format, everything for them.

E motorsports

Reaction
If everyone has this mentality no one will ever sign up...

A phone call might help with your question. Donald has answered every question ive had so far with just a simple phone call. This is a new website, entry form format, everything for them.

and most racers do the exact same thing, take a poll
do you want to blindly enter a race and spend all that money to show up and find there is no competition?
i called
i was told 3 weeks ago it would be out in one week from then
makes me think the list is thin
because if the list was fat i think they would be pimpin it.
but in there defense maybe it is fat and they are busy?
i am excited about legacy
i love the format of the first race
i want to be on the ground floor with legacy
it would be cool to me, if i could say i was part of legacy's first race ever

Last edited:

JerryB

Reaction
and most racers do the exact same thing, take a poll
do you want to blindly enter a race and spend all that money to show up and find there is no competition?
i called
i was told 3 weeks ago it would be out in one week from then
makes me think the list is thin
because if the list was fat i think they would be pimpin it.
but in there defense maybe it is fat and they are busy?
i am excited about legacy
i love the format of the first race
i want to be on the ground floor with legacy
it would be cool to me, if i could say i was part of legacy's first race ever
So take a chance, get in on the ground floor and sign up. We're taking the chance, looking forward to a great event. I assume turnout for their first will be a little thin, especially if you're using BITD as a benchmark. I expect it will take a little while to really start to see large car counts, but we've decided we're okay with that. We're patient and know legacy staff has the knowledge and experience to make it work.

ONE_RJ

Reaction
Some of the best races I have ever attended were the promotors first attempt at a putting on a race ( not that is really the case with Legacy) regardless how many cars showed up. Be a leader, make history and get signed up. Pahrump Point to Point sounds like a cool race, wish I had a car to race it.
NORRA, La Rana, MDR, MORE- , Glen Helen Baja races come to mind. There is something about being able to say " I raced their 1st event"

dan200

#BSF200
Reaction
I was planning on attending King of the Hammers as a vendor with my business Reno Off-Road (Parts & Accessories), however, I may be shifting the focus to this Legacy race and go there as a vendor.
I go to almost every race with a decent car count as a vendor. 2021 will be my 10th year doing it.

We (SDHQ) will be supporting the Legacy series. We are also doing BITD as well all the West Ultra 4 Races and a few SNORE races and some other stuff here and there.

But if I had to pick just one race a year it would be KOH. Its the biggest off road race in the USA and its set up to be vendor friendly. Like @C4 said KOH is where the people are. The anticipated headcount this year is almost 60k people. You wont get that anywhere else. period.

CMA GUMBY

Reaction
Some of the best races I have ever attended were the promotors first attempt at a putting on a race ( not that is really the case with Legacy) regardless how many cars showed up. Be a leader, make history and get signed up. Pahrump Point to Point sounds like a cool race, wish I had a car to race it.
NORRA, La Rana, MDR, MORE- , Glen Helen Baja races come to mind. There is something about being able to say " I raced their 1st event"
Same as attending a Great car show...

JerryB

Reaction
Legacy posted the rule book today, minus bike/quad/UTV rules. All other classes and general rules released.

J Prich

Reaction
I personally hope every org succeeds and thrives, especially in 2021 with all the chaos that's happened in 2020. January is going to be interesting though. Hopefully the rest of the year's schedule spreads it out but I have a feeling both Parker and the new Legacy race are going to feel the effects of the split when it comes to car counts.

MTPyle

Reaction
not sure about other teams but the split and fragmentation has made us deiced to not run any series. We are going to cherry pick what races we want to race. So no series will get our 100% focus.

I think there are other teams in the same boat. So I agree it will have a negative effect.

Mike

ndvalium

Rescue Director
Reaction
not sure about other teams but the split and fragmentation has made us deiced to not run any series. We are going to cherry pick what races we want to race. So no series will get our 100% focus.

I think there are other teams in the same boat. So I agree it will have a negative effect.

Mike

Buy a second truck and attack!!

MTPyle

Reaction
LOL funny you should say that. We are building a new Trophylite as we speak. I am as dumb as a guy with multiple wife’s. What could go wrong?

Mike

JerryB

Reaction
Legacy has posted the draw order for Pahrump, up to 65 entries now across classes. Not too bad for the first event, and probably a few late entries to come. They have also posted $100,000 to Pro Turbo UTV if you win all 4 events for the season....That's a big payout. Sounds like Pro Turbo will also be qualifying for first event starting order, points based starting for rest of the year.

JDDurfey

Reaction
Wonder what those odds are...winning all 4 races in the season. What will the Vegas numbers be?