Racing LEGACY ?

Steve_Sourapas

Reaction
Legacy has posted the draw order for Pahrump, up to 65 entries now across classes. Not too bad for the first event, and probably a few late entries to come. They have also posted $100,000 to Pro Turbo UTV if you win all 4 events for the season....That's a big payout. Sounds like Pro Turbo will also be qualifying for first event starting order, points based starting for rest of the year.
Would have been nice to know earlier as now it's tough to change our schedule that we have already have committed to with our sponsors.

frostbite36

Capt. Hindsight
Reaction
Nope...not racing a new organization. Last thing the US needs is another desert race organization to further fragment what little land access we already have.

Last edited:

JerryB

Reaction
Nope...not racing a new organization. Last thing the US needs is another desert race organization to further fragment what little land access we already have.
I don't see it causing any more land use issues than there already is, there's only so many permits which will be approved annually, regardless of how many orgs there are. Just means one org may get one and another doesn't, opens up the opportunity for promotors to look at new venues. It gives us another option of org and locations to race. Sure it will affect car count with some orgs, but that shouldn't mean just because one is already in existence they will have a monopoly on desert races till they decide to call it quits.

havahockey

Flipper
Reaction
By my count Legacy Pahrump and BITD Parker 425 have pretty close to the same amount of entries as of today which is pretty impressive for Legacy and surprising for BITD.

BRINGTHERUCKUS

Nimrod de PMC
Reaction
By my count Legacy Pahrump and BITD Parker 425 have pretty close to the same amount of entries as of today which is pretty impressive for Legacy and surprising for BITD.
The big difference is the UTV count for legacy, if they were racing them at the 425 instead of the Parker 250 there would be double the entries. Hoping I can make it up this weekend to help pit.

Donald and crew should be happy with the support. BITD should be looking at the drawing board. Parker has always been a huge draw, but something needs to change before next year.

nohandslance

Reaction
Will there be tracking for Pahrump this weekend..
Lance

dan200

#BSF200
Reaction
Bump- Guys, as far as hard parts go, it looks like SDHQ will be the only peeps at this race. McKenzies and Butch's wont be at this one.
This means that if you need me to bring you something specific call the shop ASAP. 480-633-2929 Tell them "Have Dan200 bring this to Pahrump".
I am leaving early Thursday AM so your deadline is WED afternoon.

Thanks. See ya at the race.

JerryB

Reaction
Will there be tracking for Pahrump this weekend..
Lance
Yes, we will be using racing trax, so should be able to track same as any other event using racing trax. They also are planning on live streaming the race (per their website).

nohandslance

Reaction
First race of the year, very excited. Go 6144..

Rcamp99

Reaction
Pre ran the course yesterday. Course is very fun! Very well marked, their orange markers cut through dust and are visible even in complete white out situations in the dust. Pretty badass! First 5-8 miles are rocky, middle sections are fast, flowing, with some washes, silt, wide open stuff, then the last 25 or so is rocky, nasty, technical. But overall a very fun course! Rocks and flat tires are going to play a huge role in this race. People were excavating rocks from the berms besides the course and they were being drug out into the race line even on pre run. I foresee more flat tires than normal at this race. I’m going to be doing my best to dodge rocks in the race tomorrow!