Racing on Goodyear Tires

tkr

RDC Crypto
Website
www.tappsgarage.com
I noticed in the Kartek Grand Re-opening thread that Marking and Taylor are racing on Goodyear tires. Marking has Goodyear Wrangler GS-A, I can't tell what Taylor is using. I know that the general opinion on Goodyear is not great after the Pro-Truck deal. What tires were the Pro-Trucks using? Was is just a matter of getting more flats?

elcaprerunner

RDC Crypto
I believe the Protrucks were just using regular versions of the tire, same you can buy at the store, not 100% sure though. The tires that Taylor and Marking run (as well as Dirks & Darland) are Goodyear race tires and are equivilent to a BFG "Project".

The Goodyear AT/S I have on my DD are awesome and were worth every penny, best set of tires I've had so far.

P.S. Taylor runs GSA's too.

dislocated1

RDC Crypto
Pro-trucks were on "street' tires as in DOT approved, and Goodyear has race tires with trick kevlar sidewalls. We(DMS) run a 35" Wrangler ATS and they are great!

On a side note, Taylor has been on goodyears for a long time as well as Marking

ZTFab

RDC Crypto
We race on 37" MTR's.....they work awesome

now if we could only keep our factory rims from exploding we'd be a lot better off....

shrek

RDC Crypto
tkr said:
I noticed in the Kartek Grand Re-opening thread that Marking and Taylor are racing on Goodyear tires. Marking has Goodyear Wrangler GS-A, I can't tell what Taylor is using. I know that the general opinion on Goodyear is not great after the Pro-Truck deal. What tires were the Pro-Trucks using? Was is just a matter of getting more flats?

I dont think that the Protruck deal has had much effect on the opinion of Goodyear Tires. Especially since Protruck has been though almost every tire manufacturer out there. The protruck tire deal seems to be more Political than related to tire performance.

Shrek

DMSRACE

RDC Crypto
Website
www.dmsrace.com
John, they run the Yokohama'a now, they were running the Goodyears up until the end of last year...the "Race" version of the Goddyears are a great tire....

dezertdoug

RDC Crypto
Website
www.borracing.org
now if we could only keep our factory rims from exploding we'd be a lot better off....[/QUOTE]
We run so called goodyaer projects on our 10 car and we have the same problem wheels exploding after hitting rocks but after the race we remount the tire on a fresh wheel and it still holds air.The tires are stronger than the wheels.

mattb

RDC Crypto
I noticed that nobody has mentioned the weight of the kevlar tires. I remember when Sourapas bought the old 8 truck from Walker, it came with the kevlar's on it. When we dismounted them, they were sooo light.

dezertdoug

RDC Crypto
Website
www.borracing.org
Why do you thing we run them on a 10 car for?We have done lots of testing with them on our 12 also.They are lighter than the mtr.We just dont have tire flats ,we have rim failures.But we are working on that problem also.You also cant beat LITTLE JOE.