Racing or joy riding

Zambo

Reaction
How many races did you and Rudy do together and won?
A lot. This was 2012. We won that race by 17 hours. I'm pretty sure one of our many RPM pits along the way would have noticed another 8 truck coming through 45 minutes before us. But maybe I'm wrong, its happened plenty of times. What truck were you guys in? Maybe @Mark Newhan has a different memory than me.

partybarge_pilot

Reaction
A lot. This was 2012. We won that race by 17 hours. I'm pretty sure one of our many RPM pits along the way would have noticed another 8 truck coming through 45 minutes before us. But maybe I'm wrong, its happened plenty of times. What truck were you guys in? Maybe @Mark Newhan has a different memory than me.

12 sounds about right. I'll have to go check the carnage pics for dates.

Zambo

Reaction
12 sounds about right. I'll have to go check the carnage pics for dates.
I think you're talking about 2011, which was a loop race. Rudy said he went by somebody near the finish that was limping down the concrete road back into town. The late great Mongo (RIP) was riding with him that year. I was driving something else.

2012 was a peninsula run and I drove the middle leg. We checked out on the field that year.

partybarge_pilot

Reaction
I think you're talking about 2011, which was a loop race. Rudy said he went by somebody near the finish that was limping down the concrete road back into town. The late great Mongo (RIP) was riding with him that year. I was driving something else.

2012 was a peninsula run and I drove the middle leg. We checked out on the field that year.

No, it was definitely a peninsula run. We broke about halfway between constitution and La Paz.

Edit: to the original question, I'm happy every time we finish. Been a few times we didn't. It takes a lot of experience/luck to get to the end. Winning takes even more luck.

Zambo

Reaction
No, it was definitely a peninsula run. We broke about halfway between constitution and La Paz.

Edit: to the original question, I'm happy every time we finish. Been a few times we didn't. It takes a lot of experience/luck to get to the end. Winning takes even more luck.
Did you fix the truck and finish? If it was the same year I guess its lucky for us you broke because we were just cruising the last 700 miles thinking nobody was in front of us.

partybarge_pilot

Reaction
Did you fix the truck and finish? If it was the same year I guess its lucky for us you broke because we were just cruising the last 700 miles thinking nobody was in front of us.

Fixed it good enough to get to the trailer. Then we headed for the bar in La Paz. To many things wrong with the rear end and I didn't want to be sitting in the silt beds all night.