Racingtrax/ NORRA? What gives?

mp_tx

Reaction
To the website? Can you be more specific?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bajaxp

Baja Bobsled Team
Reaction
Anube Stella has a great product, but they took my money in November and I had to turn them into Visa fraud department to get my money back. Crooks! Happy to have someone reliable and experienced via BITD. My 2 pesos.

luvbaja2

Reaction
I have a lightly used Stella Anube bracket and antenna that I paid $200 for last year. Sell for $100 this year. Any takers? WTF? Maybe we will go back to it in 2019! Follow the money! It's almost as bad as Juan Carlos and Baja Voyager. Happiest race on earth has a little rain cloud hovering over it. Can't we make it easier??? Rather than more difficult. That being said I will be there.

enesset

Reaction
And the cost with insurance for the rental is what......$......?

bajaxp

Baja Bobsled Team
Reaction
I have a lightly used Stella Anube bracket and antenna that I paid $200 for last year. Sell for $100 this year. Any takers? WTF? Maybe we will go back to it in 2019! Follow the money! It's almost as bad as Juan Carlos and Baja Voyager. Happiest race on earth has a little rain cloud hovering over it. Can't we make it easier??? Rather than more difficult. That being said I will be there.
What's the deal with Juan Carlos?

enesset

Reaction
Re: Juan Carlos, in the internet age most people want to do their hotels themselves and not pay a premium.

To be fair I guess there are people that like "concierge service" the grumpiness by some is that many popular hotels were locked out and could only be obtained through him which some might deem unfair?

That's how I perceive the situation to be?

RacingTraX

Reaction
That was a really big concern for NORRA when switching tracking companies AGAIN. For this reason we are giving the mount for free and only charging $18 for the power cable and $8.95 for shipping... I promise we're not getting rich on bracketry. RacingTraX has the unique ability to program the Race vehicle to automatically send race mile and speed updates to your chase vehicles via Iridium every 8 minutes. You can message between race and chase units which ups the safety a lot. There is an additional fee ($250) for the race-to-chase tracking service but that covers updates for all five days of racing. The AlertTraX is awesome as well, if someone is stopped in front of you with their hazard on your AlertTraX will show an arrow pointing in the direction of the stopped vehicle as well as a count down 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, etc representing 1000 ft, 900ft, 800ft, 700ft, etc. This is a great feature to avoid hitting other racers in silt beds. You will also be able to connect to your device and send full messages to NORRA, not just a pre-canned mechanical or medical alert.

Hopes this helps, post any additional questions you have and I'll respond asap.

Mark Stahl

Reaction
When you log on thru the Norra press release your site won’t let you put in your street name. Also I don’t see a price for anything but add ons. Is all we have to do is buy the cable and bracket and you supply us the use of the unit. I don’t think the price of the cable and bracket is listing on your site either.

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert mobile app

luvbaja2

Reaction
Perhaps I was hasty? I just signed with RacingTrax online. The only charges I incurred were the cable and shipping (as described above). I opted for two cell phone numbers for updates at $25 per. Total bill was $78.
I don't see a charge for the use of the unit? If that's all there is I'll be a happy camper.

With regard to Juan Carlos - My issue is not only the premium price but availability as well. This is not first time, but this year I contacted him as soon as registration opened. I asked for six rooms in the same hotel in Loreto. He could not accommodate me. I contacted him later and he said he could get six rooms at the Santa Fe but would have to check with the hotel. Never contacted me again. Never responded to my emails. Business must be good.

bajaxp

Baja Bobsled Team
Reaction
Thanks for the clarification....^^^^

I signed with Racing Trax online as well and had a similar (good so far) experience. I didn't receive a receipt or confirmation and emailed them. They said that they are having a small issue with their electronic 'receipt' system but that I was all signed up and good to go.

Zambo

Reaction
Haven't filled my form out yet....was there an option to rent a second romtrax unit for the chase truck? I have used these guys the last couple years and the messages go through pretty reliably, especially if you send a message from the romtrax to a cell or sat phone. Receiving a message with the romtrax is reliable as well but the only downside is the only way you know if you have a message is to log on to the unit with your wifi enabled device and manually check. Still, pretty handy in the middle of nowhere.

bajaxp

Baja Bobsled Team
Reaction
Zambo, I didn't see the chase truck option but I might have missed it. I know they do offer the service as it is on their video. I would call or email David Clay at RacingTraX 801-836-5198 dday@racingtrax.com. He was very responsive when I emailed him. My 2.1 pesos FWIW

Zambo

Reaction
Thanks yup I have his info.

Wendell #527

Reaction
I hope they mail out the brackets and wiring soon. Sounds like a pretty good service to me.

rustyb

Reaction
Don't know about cars but they were shipping moto brackets today.

Zambo

Reaction
Yup the option is there to rent units for your chase trucks as well. Mine shipped today.

volks 73

Reaction
I got mine last week. The directions don't specify fuse size ,last year with the Stella I used a 3 A .I will leave that in place until told different.