RacingTraX RS1 Ironman Challenge! Who's in?

RacingTraX

Reaction
I feel like you are confusing 74-76 with 84-86. Considering max width in most orgs is 80
David, I think I mentioned a few weeks ago that extending is allowed but you have to be careful even moving the front arms forward 1-1/2" to 2". Some long travel kits get the 2" for 32' or 33" tire clearance. My point is when you move the front arms forward (all long travel kits do move forward 1-1/2" to 2" you change the angle of the tie-rods into the steering rack. That slight move forward will destroy the stock rack because of the design and angle changing.
Shock-Therapy makes a beefed up rack from billet aluminum ($995) a must if you move the front arms forward from stock position.
For sure! I actually looked into those racks right after you first mentioned it. Thanks again for the info.

RacingTraX

Reaction
So I've been thinking I haven't really taken any challenges on for awhile. Bought a buddies RS1, I'm in.
Dave, congratulations on a very successful KOH, I saw over and over how grateful the racers were to you for being able to pull off such an epic event.
It was cool being a part of it. I look forward to having you join the RS1 Ironman Challenge, it’s going to be gnarly!

RacingTraX

Reaction
Looks like Anthony Yaunt and Jimmy Rodriguez are in!!!
86AC44B9-6C1A-4312-9956-B5E6B873106C.jpeg
AD0E28E9-4395-4136-8265-B98DA2C90A43.jpeg

jon coleman

Reaction
are 2 -4seaters eligible?, can you run extra fuel cells in the 'empty spaces'?,its all about average mph...ps, if driver gets sick , in lets say, first 50 miles, can he designate an alternate driver?or once your out, your Out of the ironman part but you can still compete in the utv class of your choice?

Last edited:

RacingTraX

Reaction
are 2 -4seaters eligible?, can you run extra fuel cells in the 'empty spaces'?,its all about average mph...
I don't believe SCORE has a class where they allow you to turn a 2 or 4 seater into a single seat car or a car where you're just not carrying a passenger. Rules say no auxiliary tanks. And you are exactly right, average mph is everything... no down time, just keep a solid pace. That's the ticket!

jon coleman

Reaction
I don't believe SCORE has a class where they allow you to turn a 2 or 4 seater into a single seat car or a car where you're just not carrying a passenger. Rules say no auxiliary tanks. And you are exactly right, average mph is everything... no down time, just keep a solid pace. That's the ticket!

bitd told me at Henderson the same thing, i said i have no one brave ( stupid i think)enough to co ride, they said sorry, you have 2 seats gotta fill them, i talked to fellow jeepspeeders they coulda cared less, & Clive was cool going solo, so i said to bitd its not a seat, its a' tool bag holder', and off i went( only to break about 20 miles from the finish line& a 2nd overall pro championship in05', ), one of my boring storys of glory days...

RacingTraX

Reaction
bitd told me at Henderson the same thing, i said i have no one brave ( stupid i think)enough to co ride, they said sorry, you have 2 seats gotta fill them, i talked to fellow jeepspeeders they coulda cared less, & Clive was cool going solo, so i said to bitd its not a seat, its a' tool bag holder', and off i went( only to break about 20 miles from the finish line& a 2nd overall pro championship in05', ), one of my boring storys of glory days...
Sounds like it’s time for you to get back into the game... in an RS1 🤘

landshark

Reaction
what if I don't get out of the drivers seat in a very limited two seat vehicle? My Passenger would just be there to make sure Duo Lingo is running so I can learn more espanol...

RacingTraX

Reaction
Well she’s still far from finished but still coming along quite nicely. My spare MRT tire and KWT air particle separator are mounted to give me maximum visibility out of the back. What does everyone think so far?

C3F2E750-D067-4BC5-B5FE-09F53136F5B0.jpeg
B060D314-97AB-42D3-8F00-09438D9BFB15.jpeg
9822FE02-A01C-4701-B1C7-BF0F67754F4B.jpeg
F13E1078-F081-4DCA-8643-4262317C91E3.jpeg

Rcamp99

Reaction
If it was me, I’d try and get my filler neck to one side or the other to make it easier to fuel. Otherwise looks great!