Radar speeds at Laughlin

JasonHutter

Reaction
We had a radar gun in Laughlin and while cleaning out our trailer last night, I found where we had written down some of the speeds we got at our pit. Our pit was about 2/3rds of the way up pit road, so the speeds we have were probably not their top speeds just what we got past our pit. I have numbers for some of them and names for others.

Jason......

Jacobs 7 truck 91mph
Fabtech 87mph
701 54mph

720 S&S 86mph
722 Jaime Campbell 64mph
724 Fire Guys Racing 67mph
725 Hardin 80mph
726 Dan Fresh (in the R.E. Smith truck) 70mph
727 Steve Lawrence 61mph
728 Bruce Landfield 71mph
739 Eduardo Gonzalez 54mph

760-68mph
761-71mph
762-59mph

860-63mph

1002-78mph
1003-82mph
1008-71mph
1010-62mph
1012-80mph
1015-76mph

Everything from here down is by memory.
Herbst class 1 was doing 105mph every time past us.
There was a blue truggy doing 113mph! and still gaining speed past us.
108-91mph, I remember them, because they were pitted next to us.

All of the Pro Trucks were right around 86mph

We moved to the top of the pit road for the TT's
Riviera-114mph and he carried that into the bumps at the end of pit road on Sat.
Enduro-108mph
Damen Jefferies -107mph
Herbst-106mph
Collins-110mph

AllwaysRcn

Reaction
Sounds like the "TLR" truggy had the highest MPH even when he was literally spinning the rims off the tires. Not bad for a small block!

JasonHutter

Reaction
Oh yeah, I am pretty sure Scott Steinberger was at about 110mph-112mph

Tyson

Reaction
HOLY HELL thats fast. Anyone know the average speed at the MDR rade? Just curious

You may beat me in the flats, but watch out in the whoops! ! !

JCA

Reaction
My average speed was 33.8. Now that is average but My top speed was only around 67 or so. (best I can recall from the gps) So you are still back to the "holy hell that is fast"

J.C. Andrews
Andrews Racing
www.andrewsracing.com

JasonHutter

Reaction
The speeds I posted are not averages, if you want to know the average speeds, they are posted on www.score-international.com . These speeds are from a radar gun that we borrowed from the Snowmass Police Department. It was the only one they had that would read over 100mph. These speeds are just at one point of the course that happened to be about 2/3rds of the way up the main pit road. For those of you who have never been to Laughlin, these speeds are also on a slight up-hill.

Jason

firedog

Reaction
all the speeds posted were on pit road and were intended to give everyone a reference of at or near top speeds (NOT AVERAGE SPEEDS) for vehicles in the same class as well as comparing different classes. The speeds posted were from a radar gun 2/3rds of the way up pit road, which is uphill(except the TT's which were at the top of pit road just before entering "the desert"). I'm sure the vehicles could go faster if they were on level ground or going down hill. Hope this clears up any confusion.
Paul

JasonHutter

Reaction
It looks like Paul and I saw that at the same time!

Jason

RacerX

Reaction
We had a radar gun at our pit and we were checking the TT speeds coming down the sandwash just before the entrance tothe infield.The Enduro TT was getting up to 93mph coming down. I remeber Damon, Herbst, Collins, Stienberger, and Riveira were all around 88mph.

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
So it looks like S&S was handing it to the guys in 7S for top speed....gotta love the new motor rule.No chance for the non 4.3 guys. BITD had a good motor rule.

Just my .02 though.

Kris

Kris
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.csupomona.edu/~kjhernandez>My Web Page</A>

DMSRACE

Reaction
Kris, BITD still has that rule.......... but you are right...

Kevin

Racer

Racing isn't everything, it's all there is

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
I meant has not had...damn typos

Kris

Kris
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.csupomona.edu/~kjhernandez>My Web Page</A>

martininsocal

Reaction
they should make all 7s trucks run the 4 cylinder, period.

martin

If your gonna go, go BIG

StandOnTheGas

Reaction
Bill Savage is looking at the engine rule for calss 7s right now. True, S&S has the HP and is showing us all. I still think I can beat those boys in my truck with the 3.8. We just have to work the bugs out.

HOWEVER, the engine rule should stay 4.3 and require low octane fuel. Level playing field, less $, decent power and 76 will put together a purse just for the class. Everybody should get behind this rule and make it happen.

THROTTLE DOWN

JCA

Reaction
What were the results of the mail out?

J.C. Andrews
Andrews Racing
www.andrewsracing.com