Radiator / Fan for 302

weldithot79

Reaction
As far as fans go everything I have read says use the stock fan, or for electric fans the 3.8 taurus fans. There is a guy on Ebay always has the two speed taurus fans for about $50 plus shipping. I am going to get one pretty quick Ill let you know what kind of condition its in once it gets here. I Also bought a new radiator off ebay should be here tommorow, Ill keep you posted.

wrightracing.net

Reaction
Hey ditch the stock fan, I take my Bronco into the big Dunes at glamis so over heating in deep sand was an issue. I put a high volume water pump a ford 1ton radiator and a Vintage air 3700+ CFM 18in monster fan and shroud. This setup works great in my Full size Bronco with a 302

vcprerunners

Reaction
I think Dan has a nice Radiator for the 302, so you might want to pm him about it.

Last edited:

weldithot79

Reaction
Got my radiator in yesterday, it is brand new 28x18x3 3 core all aluminum for $203 off of Ebay, A1 performance was the seller. Pretty good price I thought.:cool:

johnnyweb

Reaction
since you will still be mounting the radiator in the front i would stick to a engine driven fan. i have tried 3 or 4 different electric fans and none of them cooler our race truck like the engine driven fan does. with the v8 i would not worry about a couple of hp loss by running the fan.

wrightracing.net

Reaction
since you will still be mounting the radiator in the front i would stick to a engine driven fan. i have tried 3 or 4 different electric fans and none of them cooler our race truck like the engine driven fan does. with the v8 i would not worry about a couple of hp loss by running the fan.
I ran into the same problem with the fans not working well. I first tried spalls 16in fan-no good then a dual spal still not good enough and then the monster fan by 18in by Vintage air with a 3700cfm fan. The spal fans maxed out at 2100cfm. The moster fan cools way beter than the stock at least on a fullsize bronco with a 302. But that is in deep silt and sand dunes. I have not raced with it yet just prerun and play, racing class 3 next year.

richard cretsinger

Reaction
ive got a 302 in my ranger that i have a hard time keeping cool. i have a ron davis radiator ford style (outlet on the passenger side and inlet on the drivers bottom. i crashed into a fence a few weeks ago and took out the radiator. i reordered a new ron davis radiator chevy style for the cross flow they say it cools alot better. its expensive, especially when you take it out with fence, but well worth it when it already comes with the fans. just my input.

J.JOHNSON

Reaction
C&R radiators will custom make your rad. to your dimensions. Their rad. are all welded , no epoxy like most others. Whom ever you use; get a dual pass( goes in one side down the tank on the other side and back to the side it came from). If that makes sense.

steveG

Reaction
I'd go with a mechanical with a GOOD fan clutch. If you go that route, stay away from parts stores fan clutches. Buy a Motorcraft or AC Delco.