• Forum membership has its advantages....

radiator for toyota

TRDshaunTRD

I am in need of a radiator for my 98 tacoma, and I was wondering what company to go to for a nice one, and what I would expect to pay. I have no idea where to even start looking or even what types are good, help me out!

fishd00d

What A Joke
Shaun which truck was yours? Are you the one with the Dukes of Hazard horn that nose planted the last jump? If So I have a nice video clip of ya :)

Go Big Or Go Home

TRDshaunTRD

no, I'm the one that went offcourse and nose planted off of a motorcross jump. Fun I failed spelling!

DPpatrol

Check the yellow pages for radiator warehouses. They have good prices on new radiators, $100-200. Radiator shops will also sell used ones for cheaper. I bought a used one for my truck but wish I spent the extra money on a new one.

jason

fishd00d

What A Joke
Oh yea! And your airbags went off right? That sucks you had to run when it was like dark out. I dont know how those guys made it heh. There was so many different tracks there, when it got dark it was hard to see which one was the truck track.

Sorry about that man. I dont know which brands are good but I would maybe get another Toyota if its not to expensive.

Oh and dont feel to bad because I saw another guy go off and over that jump in the same place that you did!

Go Big Or Go Home

TRDshaunTRD

Thanks Austin, I did see that other guy go off the same jump, luckily he saw guys waving at him and he slowed down, yet I was on the gas. Gotta say it was the most air I have ever had. Now about the radiator, I figure that I might as well spend a little more dough, and get a nice new aftermarket one and do it right the first time, so I still would like some recomendations.

Ryno

Shaun-

Griffin makes aluminum units. Very nice, super efficient. They'll run you about $300. Be Cool also makes the same thing. I think both companies offer them with high efficiency electric fans as well. You can get them through Summit Racing. 1-800-230-3030.

Ryno

Build it like a Rhino, and Leave it be.

V8Ranger

Actually the griffins are a bit cheaper than that if you get the universal fit type. They reange from about $170 to 220 depending on where you get it and whether or not it has a built in trans cooler.

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Get one without the trans cooler and plum in a seperate transmission cooler, that way if you overheat your trans doesnt overheat with it. Like you said "do it right the first time"

Kris

"Revenge is best served cold"

Jimmy8

Go with a Fluidyne if you want something really nice. They are the best on the market. They will cost you a pretty penny, but are VERY NICE. www.fluidyne.com is the web address. If you go this way you wont be disappointed.

"We've done so much with so little for so long, we can do anything with nothing!"

No you don't have a cooler plumbed into the radiator if you have a 5 speed. Griffen makes a very nice aluminum radiator. Get a universal and make up a trick mount for it.

Mike