• Forum membership has its advantages....

Radiator in bed or Front????

I bought my first prerunner style truck about a month ago. The radiator has been mounted in the bed and it has given me nothing but trouble. The truck runs warm going down the highway but its fine at normal speeds.If the truck runs for more than 45 minutes it starts to overheat no matter if your on the highway or in town.The reason it is in the bed is because the entire front end is caged and there is no core support anymore. I do like the way the truck looks with it in the bed. It makes the truck stand out ALOT seeing as i live in Kansas and there arnt many trucks like this around here. I currently have 2 fans on the radiator and its still giving me problems. should I move it back to the front or are there any other solutions????

BRINGTHERUCKUS

Nimrod de PMC
I bought my first prerunner style truck about a month ago. The radiator has been mounted in the bed and it has given me nothing but trouble. The truck runs warm going down the highway but its fine at normal speeds.If the truck runs for more than 45 minutes it starts to overheat no matter if your on the highway or in town.The reason it is in the bed is because the entire front end is caged and there is no core support anymore. I do like the way the truck looks with it in the bed. It makes the truck stand out ALOT seeing as i live in Kansas and there arnt many trucks like this around here. I currently have 2 fans on the radiator and its still giving me problems. should I move it back to the front or are there any other solutions????
Do you have a windshield? if so having it in the back is pointless unless you build a scoop up and over your cab to catch air, mounting the radiator is just as easy in the front with out a core support as it is in the back... easier even less plumbing.

Wild bill

Move the radiator to the front, and life will be good. Simpler is better.

steveG

Move the radiator to the front, and life will be good. Simpler is better.
Yup. I had a Ranger with a bed mounted radiator... great for cool points but a pain in the ass.