Radio and Intercom!!!

Maxxrhino

Reaction
What is the major difference in the PCI, RacerX and Rugged radio sytems? They seem to all look about the same but it seems you can buy the Rugged Radio stuff for about 70% the cost of like the PCI stuff. I was looking today and the PCI 4 seat with radio is 1675$ and the Rugged radio stuff is 1050. Both have the Carbon headsets but talking with Ruged it seems the promise theirs to have better sound and they have a digital voice processor so you don't have as much wind and other noise. I am pretty sold on them but thought I would ask and see what others thought!!!

diirk

Reaction
I think the biggest selling point for PCI is that they're at most, if not all the races and have extremely good customer support.

Waldo

Safehouse
Reaction
PCI hands down does more for our beloved sport than any other comm company!!! Support our supporters!

sweetdevil

Reaction
PCI = at all the races, on site service, support, can fix anything you break, sponsors race sanctioning bodies, pays contingency, has Weatherman relay service, unparalleled customer support for GPS, radio and other tech questions, dependability of a company that's been in business over 20 years to provide warranty and support for years to come in a bad economy. Those are just a few of the service reasons to buy from PCI.

All of our equipment is made for racing. I don't think your request is about racing items though, sounds more like prerunner/playcar/sandcar stuff. Here is the info on our playcar packages:

We have some very inexpensive, entry level sand car items like Rugged sells. I don't know what items you were looking at for $1050, but comparing their stuff to ours is apples and oranges. They don't really look similar either. The 4 seat package I see on their website is $1350, and it looks like DSP is another $200.

Our entry level 4 seat kit is $1050, comes with 12' and 16' direct cables to the intercom and has the PTT's on the headset. It also comes with an Icom radio, which is better than the VX2200 (more water resistant) The same kit on Rugged's website is $1350.

If you're looking at the Ultimate 4 seat kit from PCI (I'm pretty sure RacerX kit is pretty similar, maybe some small differences?), Rugged doesn't even have a system that is similar to it. There is a 12' and 16' cable that goes to the seat with a mic-spec U92 plug on it, the headsets come with 3' COIL cords and plug into this quick disconnect set up. The other, lower cost systems (Ruggeds and our entry level packages) have straight cables directly from the intercom to the jack on the side of the headset. To take them apart, you have to unplug there, no quick disconnects. The other benefit of those U92 quick disconnects is you can plug a helmet into it if you want the extra safety! (Can't do that with those direct cables) We also have external PTT's for the steering whel and the dash. This is all high quality, mil spec cabling and components so adding these extra cables and external push to talk buttons adds on a few hundred dollars. Ours also includes a custom weld-in bracket for the radio, an mp3 adapter and a 3db gain racing antenna for more distance out of your radio.

These are just some of the major differences, I'm not really the sales pitch person, but give Scott a call at PCI if you want all the differences in PCI stuff.

Tipracer

Reaction
Not trying to sell and you still delivered a home run pitch!!! Great job Dulce!!!
I supported Radio Bob for many years because he was basically my neighbor, But PCI is all that I recommend now...