Radio Freqs

Waldo

Safehouse
Reaction
There has been a pretty good discussion in the shop section regarding radios for chase vehicles. If any of you are NECKar fans (as Jim Rome puts it) like I am, you probably know about the race scanners you can rent at the tracks. However, if you have a 440 band HT or a dual 144/440 HT radio, you can punch in any frequency you want and listen to the radio traffic. The vendors usually give you a list at the track when you rent a scanner (they are usually pre-programed channels).

If any of you are going to the California Speedway NASCAR race in Fontucky, here is a link for some Winston Cup teams and their radio frequencies. If you are going to bring your own, bring a set of earphones as it is usually necessary to hear anything! I am sure you could probably rent some there as well. Have fun and YEEEEEEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAW!!!

http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Speedway/9071/cupcars.htm

BRAAAAAAAAP!

IDRA_CRB

Reaction
Good call, Waldo. I took my VX-5R to the CART race in Fontana last year. Worked great.

Top tip: Bring headphones or you ain't gonna hear much!

Reese

poolman

Reaction
I didn't know you were from Fountaintucky Hills!I don't hardly miss a day of Rome.good night now!poolman

You only live once,and if you lived like I have, once is enough.Frank Sinatra