Radio Freqs

Waldo

Safehouse
Reaction
I posted this in the general discussion area and wanted to share here too!

"There has been a pretty good discussion in the shop section regarding radios for chase vehicles. If any of you are NECKar fans (as Jim Rome puts it) like I am, you probably know about the race scanners you can rent at the tracks. However, if you have a 440 band HT or a dual 144/440 HT radio, you can punch in any frequency you want and listen to the radio traffic. The vendors usually give you a list at the track when you rent a scanner (they are usually pre-programed channels).

If any of you are going to the California Speedway NASCAR race in Fontucky, here is a link for some Winston Cup teams and their radio frequencies. If you are going to bring your own, bring a set of earphones as it is usually necessary to hear anything! I am sure you could probably rent some there as well. Have fun and YEEEEEEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAW!!!"

http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Speedway/9071/cupcars.htm

BRAAAAAAAAP!

BIG_FAT_LOSER

Reaction
is one a transmit freq and the other a receive freq?

<font color=red>PAT KAPKO</font color=red>
<font color=yellow>Fab by travolta</font color=yellow>

Waldo

Safehouse
Reaction
The teams have two channels (like many off-road teams) to choose from in case there is interference on one of them.

BRAAAAAAAAP!

ntsqd

Reaction
Sometimes more than that. I know of one team that had a 'secret' channel so that the chase guys could talk w/o the driver/co-driver hearing or interupting the driver/co-driver unnecessarily. Then one of the new members programed in that channel to the race vehicle. Oops..........

TS

"Teach you all I know and you're still stupid"
-- Howdy Lee