Radius Arm Bushing Help

RacerX

Reaction
I have camburg extended F150 radius arms. I got some new bushings for them but ran into a issue. In the attached picture, you can see the old bushing and the new red one. Has anyone put in this type of bushing before. It seems the tapper at the top is to long on the new one. I cant get the nut or the wahser on. They are the right bushings for my truck and year. Is there another type of bushing out there being used? Any info would be great.
Thanks

Attachments

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
I knwo this doesnt answer your question...but use stock bushings, they are a lot better then any aftermarket ones out there. Stock minis run them and beat the crap out of them so they DO work well.

Kris
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.barneysprecision.com/fabproducts.htm> Fab Parts</A>

Jerry Zaiden

Reaction
Use stock bushings they last way longer. They dont crack apart like urethane either.

RacerX

Reaction
Thanks for the info. The stores are closed, so i cant call places but does anyone know if pep boys or autozone carry the stock rubber ones. I got some from napa the other day and they were a hard molded plastic. Or do I have to go to FORD.

Jerry Zaiden

Reaction
Moog makes a good kit, but do not use the plastic ring just the bushings and the metal hardwear.

prepguy

Reaction
i agree use the stock ones i have used the aftermarket one they are no good

In_the_works

Reaction
also, I'm not sure what year your f1 is, but I just replaced mine with urethane, and yours appear to have a larger cone than mine. Maybe you got the wrong year?

'96 F-150 4x4 ex cab
'02 Maico 250
'03 Sonoma

RacerX

Reaction
I thought about the year thing but it says 86-92 on the package. Mine is an 89 2wd. I went to a 24hr Autozone and got some replacement ones tonight, and those are shorter than the black stock one and they range from 86-96 F150's. So im not sure what is right. I am going to try another place tomarrow and then go to Ford and research it.

SDranger

Reaction
24 hr autozone! where is that??!! sure would have helped me out a couple times.

97 Ranger 4x4
02 CR125

DMSRACE

Reaction
Buy them from Ford!!!!!! all the others suck....Ford ones are not that much more....

Racer

To live life half throttle would be a waste....

KitRacer

Reaction
theres a 24 hour autozone in Escondido across from Frazee paint and Taco Bell. I think the street is Broadway, one of the North South streets

At baseball games they play organs, in motorsports they donate them.

robert_encinas

Reaction
the aftermarket world is a mighty one. but when it comes to certain parts, factory stock, they have no equal.