• Forum membership has its advantages....

Rage at the River

harleys dad

why cant Snore have a night heat at rage? I would think if best in the desert could why not Snore??

mgobaja

If they ran the night heat on Friday and Saturday it wouldnt be too bad for teams, but running them on Saturday and Sunday, would make it tough for those that have to go back to work on Monday morning.

snoreracer

Dave SNORE did a night race at BAP one year and it was not very safe. We had very experienced teams that are very fast and respected pull out and not race the 2nd day. The feed back from the racers was "we don't like it, high power lights and 60 cars is not fun" . The issue is unlike stadium racing that has ballpark lighting you can't do that on a 14 mile track so we need racing lights and it is impossible to water 14 miles of racing track in the 6 minutes between heats.

harleys dad

I guess I got lost in the translation, why would you need water on all 14 miles of the course to race at night?

snoreracer

Dave racing at night reduces visibility in the dust by more the 70% with lights and does not make for good racing ,ask the SxS guys at Laughlin. If you can keep the dust down you have much better racing and to do that you need to water the track

MTPyle

The last heat will be another I failed spelling show like last year. Not sure why they put all those classed together in one heat? 1, UT, 6100, 450 Pro, and 7? I was hoping they would learn from last year. I don't remember the exact details but from what I recall they stopped the race both days?

Mike

drofmij

The last heat will be another I failed spelling show like last year. Not sure why they put all those classed together in one heat? 1, UT, 6100, 450 Pro, and 7? I was hoping they would learn from last year. I don't remember the exact details but from what I recall they stopped the race both days?

Mike
the chit show was from donkeys crashing, doesn't matter when you have the heat. If a helicopter has to land on the track it will stop the race.

MTPyle

oh thats right, I remember the helicopter thing now, I forgot that was one of the reasons. I wasn't racing and wasn't totally paying attention as my friend I was there with crashed bad in his 1 car on the first lap sunday and was airlifted out. But it seemed like I remember lots of trucks getting all piled up everywhere.

Mike

bobylax

Last years RATR.
DSCN2936.JPG
DSCN3158.JPG
DSCN3163.JPG
DSCN3353.JPG
DSCN3381.JPG
DSCN3465.JPG

snoreracer

Mike
No issues on Sunday as the track ran the normal direction . Last year was the 1st time SNORE had an issue and stopped a heat at Laughlin and has instituted some persecutions this year to reduce the chance of it happening this year

Bro_Gill

Who is getting persecuted? Can the public watch? Or is that the pesky spell check that messes up so many messages? (joking!)

Bajawillie

Will qualifying be mixed again this year? between class 5, and 10?
I didn't care for that format last year. We never got to race other 5 cars. One of the days we never saw another 5 car all day. I say start 5 together this year. Qualifying as usual.

Zac Reish

I didn't care for that format last year. We never got to race other 5 cars. One of the days we never saw another 5 car all day. I say start 5 together this year. Qualifying as usual.
While it’s really fun to think about qualifying with the 10’s and seeing who the top dog in the limiteds are, I agree completely with John. I would like to start with all the 5 cars as well. If you can group us with our class again can we be in front of the 12’s? The 5’s have been faster than them for at least 3 years in a row now and we are getting faster while 12 has been recently more stagnant. Either way. The race will still be a blast and am appreciative we can still do this with snore.

BHollander

I still do not understand why class 7 is paired with TT and other unlimited vehicles. Also finishing in the late afternoon then sprinting home to work on monday sucks.