El Gantnor

Love this. Pretty much what we use only we use the numbers 1 through 6 w 1 being the slight turn and 6 being a straight switchback. We use the numbers like hands on a clock. 3 being a 90. Makes us faster for sure. Add 'short', 'long' to the numbers. Also use 'hard' or 'rolling' to describe the turn. We use 10ths of miles for timing. If we are around 80mph or more I will call 2 10ths, then 1 10th so driver has a feel for timing. Typical call will go something like "straight over rise followed hard right 3 1 10th." Or "roll right 1 followed hard left 3" If the calls are close together I may use L 3 for left 3 or R 4 for right 4. I love helping to go faster whenever possible. Sometimes if the driver is in a groove In tight stuff I wont call anything unless it's big. I'll just say "all 1s and 2s, drive what u see" and just chill and enjoy the ride. Viva Baja!

y2kbaja

We've used rally style notes for years. They really can help. This last race was my 14 yo son's first race, he co-drove with me. He's played Dirt4 enough that he knew rally notes going in. Keep in mind we're in a class 9 car. But right out of the gate he called every turn perfect using the 1-6 method (opposite of El Gantnor above--1 tight, 6 very slight). We were in the dust, couldn't see anything, he's reading the gps calling 5's and 6's then left 3 in two--one--and I turned, made the pass. It was good stuff. Especially when it's with your kid.

class5cole

We've used rally style notes for years. They really can help. This last race was my 14 yo son's first race, he co-drove with me. He's played Dirt4 enough that he knew rally notes going in. Keep in mind we're in a class 9 car. But right out of the gate he called every turn perfect using the 1-6 method (opposite of El Gantnor above--1 tight, 6 very slight). We were in the dust, couldn't see anything, he's reading the gps calling 5's and 6's then left 3 in two--one--and I turned, made the pass. It was good stuff. Especially when it's with your kid.
Dirt was how I learned and Dakar 18 taught me road books. No harm there

MTPyle

LOL funny how a video game can change the way we all do things. We all played Dirt and when we started racing it just made sense to all of us. The best part is is a consistent format that we can use when we swap up drivers and co drivers. So we are all speaking the same language.

We had these stickers made for the dash on Co driver side.

AEB1B28B-1F88-4FE7-9723-CBB2D3518191.jpeg