Rally truck

Marshall

Reaction
I flipped the tail light around to make the roof scoop. Crazy what a lack of money will make you think up.

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by Marshall on 08/22/02 04:07 PM (server time).</FONT></P>

Attachments

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
Looks good. How much invested so far?

Kris
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.dmsrace.com>www.dmsrace.com</A>
"It's not an oil leak, it's sweat from all the horsepower"

Marshall

Reaction
Kris,
I have about 6,500 in the truck ( that includes the price of the truck) and about another 2 in all the stuff to race last weekend ( helmets ,suits, hotels, spairs,etc). I had figured it would cost 6 and take 6 months to build. well, it took almost 9 and a year, but worth it. Marshall

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
How did you do in the race??

Go Big Or Go Home
United Jumping Truck Society
U.J.T.S. Manwhore

Marshall

Reaction
We were in two divisions, SCCA group 2 (2wd) and CRS production stock. We were third in Group 2 and fifth in stock. Our goal was just to finish and we had zero problems, no flats ( on 27"BFG AT's) cant belive it. Our only problem was open diff and stock gears. We would almost come to a stop on some of the gravel up hills. I had no idea what to except,I thought it would be smooth roads, and some were, but some sections were full desert style, nothing but rocks, rocks and rocks. bottomed the truck out about 100 times and flew it at least 50 but the little box held up. Cant wait to do it again. Man, I give props to some of the car builders, I cant belive a car can hold up to that punishment? Marshall

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
Cool good luck to you in the future too! Its a Toyota it can take some serious abuse :)

Go Big Or Go Home
United Jumping Truck Society
U.J.T.S. Manwhore