• Forum membership has its advantages....

rally your prerunner

Chris_Wilson

Each December, the organizers of the Laughlin Rally (American Rally Sport Group)
run their event with a special class created for prerunners. Your prerunner does
not need to meet the normal requirements of the rally cars. Basically, you need
to have a licence plate, proof of insurance, and be legal enough to drive down the
street without getting busted. The entry fee is about $800 and includes hotel rooms.
You don't really compete against the rally cars, the prerunner class is run as a
separate event within a event. It's a good way to experience rally racing with your prerunner.

Donahoe

Marshall, his pre-runner is well within scca rules. But I belive the laughlin Rally is crs. CRS tends to be way more lenient on rules.

NEVER LIFT!!!!!

TimHayosh

The Laughlin "Ramada Express Rally" is NOT CRS. It is ASRG. It is one of the only "club rally" events where there is a prize fund. It is usually a snow event in December. Ray Hocker ([email protected]) is the promoter.

If someone is really interested in running their pre-runner, I think the promoters would be in to it. I would just make a simple call or email before going through all the trouble of getting it there.

Jimmy8

I am sure they would be into it. Ivan used to do pretty well in his prerunner when he ran it.

PMC Racing

Donahoe

TIm, See I learn something new everyday... Thanks for the info.

NEVER LIFT!!!!!