RallyCross at Tombstone Paintball Park

TimHayosh

Reaction
Just wanted to let everyone know that there will be a "run what you brung" rally cross in Corona on Saturday. This is a CRS points event. This was well attended by some of the Inland Prerunner crowd last year. Seemed like everyone had a good time. This is a perfect oppertunity to borrow mom's hatchback and have some fun! I'll be there (in a rental of course!) along with a whole lotta other enthusiasts. Classes are: 2WD Street stock, 2WD modified, 4WD street stock, 4WD modified.

The website for info and registration is: <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.shults.com/rallycross/>http://www.shults.com/rallycross/</A>

First car rolls at 4:30pm.

If you don't have a helmet, there may be some available to borrow.

See ya there.

Happy motoring, Tim

Crayfish

Reaction
Do they run rallycross events like autocross, where you have a work group and then a run group? or do you just get three runs? My buddy and I are going to get a rental that we can share, is that allowed? Are passengers allowed?

I was thinking about bringing my new daily driver (1990 Audi Coupe Quattro) but I think I would get spanked by Subies with more H.P. I dunno.

Whats a good rental to look for?

Thanks and I will see you out there.

TimHayosh

Reaction
<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr>

Do they run rallycross events like autocross, where you have a work group and then a run group? or do you just get three runs?

<hr></blockquote>

Yes, but last year I don't remember having to work. Last year was 4 runs.

My buddy and I are going to get a rental that we can share, is that allowed?

<hr></blockquote>

Yes! That's all I drive.

Are passengers allowed?

<hr></blockquote>

Yes

I was thinking about bringing my new daily driver (1990 Audi Coupe Quattro) but I think I would get spanked by Subies with more H.P. I dunno.

<hr></blockquote>

Rental cars regularly spank the Subes. There are some Sube guys in SoCal who know how to drive, but don't sweat it. At the last RallyCross in Vegas, the top four cars were 2WD. Three of those were rentals.

Whats a good rental to look for?

<hr></blockquote>

Anything small and frontwheel drive. Lancer, Cavalier, Sunfire, etc.

Thanks and I will see you out there.

<hr></blockquote>

I'm looking forward to it!

Happy motoring, Tim