• Forum membership has its advantages....

Rallye Maroc

spalind

Alonso crashed out today...earlier he said he'd make his decision on Dakar after this event...maybe not so much now??

spalind

And now both Peterhansel and Al-Attiyah are out with crashes...

nimrod

KOOK!
Ricky Braebec is 3rd two minutes behind shorty who is leading. Last day is gonna be epic.
Casey won his stage today!
The good ol USA is doing pretty good in this Dakar tuneup.

Peterhansel rolled his car today and Yasser had trouble too.

randy s

Alonso crashed out today...earlier he said he'd make his decision on Dakar after this event...maybe not so much now??
he doesn't strike me as much of a quitter and peer pressure might be a bit of a factor..that and he will have wasted a lot of people's time as well..and he's a racer..he just needs to stop running over sharp things and boulders lol..nah..i'd be surprised if he didn't show up and at least give it a whirl..coma and sainz might influence his decision to race...hopefully

Last edited:

randy s

what about toby price? any word on how his wrist is holding up? he seems to be having a decent race..and what about sunderland? haven't heard his name at all..

spalind

Shorty takes the win!!! Andrew Short wins the Rallye du Maroc over Pablo Quintanilla. Toby finished 4th. No idea on the rest as the site's results page is an effing nightmare and doesn't show anything close to the real results...

Has an American ever won an FIM Rally-Raid before? Blais, Caselli, and others certainly did well and won Dakar stages but did they every win an entire Rally-Raid? Stunning how far Shorty has come in his relatively limited time in the sport...

Sainz was on track to take the car win but failed within sight of the finish and DeVilliers takes the win in that category

72475800_704874229993773_5946245538272772096_o.jpg

Last edited:

nimrod

KOOK!
he doesn't strike me as much of a quitter and peer pressure might be a bit of a factor..that and he will have wasted a lot of people's time as well..and he's a racer..he just needs to stop running over sharp things and boulders lol..nah..i'd be surprised if he didn't show up and at least give it a whirl..coma and sainz might influence his decision to race...hopefully
Last I read Toyota was fixing his vehicle so he could get more seat time before Dakar. Doesn't sound to me like he’s quitting.

spalind

Last I read Toyota was fixing his vehicle so he could get more seat time before Dakar. Doesn't sound to me like he’s quitting.
Yeah, I think he kept running....we'll see what he ends up doing...With Peterschnitzel and NAAT out with various issues he wasn't alone