• Forum membership has its advantages....

Ramsey's last post...

dan200

#BSF200
I'm sorry to say this afternoon I was informed that's our own Ramsey El Wardini has passed away. Peacefully by natural causes.

Some folks have already reached out to his wife and I will post up any info I get about how to go providing his family with assistance in this terrible time. I ask others do the same.

I know this was a man who has touched many of our lives. We lost a good one here. I thought that maybe you all could share some of your Ramsey stories about one of the saltiest most hardcore off roaders to ever walk the earth. Let's celebrate this mans life. He truly was one of a kind and "smarter than dirt".

Godspeed Ramsey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NIKAL

Wow! I'm totally shocked! I was not expecting to come on here and see this. Was Ramsey here in the States or at his other home in Baja? I guess this is more proof of never taking anything for granted, as you just never know when its your time to go home. Ramsey had so many little projects going, and I'm sad to think of all the things we will not see finished.

Please let everyone know if there will be a memorial service for him and when.

God Speed Ramsey!

"Smarter then Dirt"

fishd00d

What A Joke
This sucks big time. He was one of the biggest **** talkers but in the end he would help anyone anytime.

He was a badass and him soloing the Baja 1000 to Cabo in his single seat 1600 will go down as one of the most badass things anyone ever did in Baja IMO!

RIP Ramsey thanks for all your help over the years ;(

tltony

We're in shock here, saw him and Jan yesterday at his shop as they were leaving for the airport to go back to Mex. It makes you really think about your mortality when this happens to a warrior like Ramsey. We love you and will miss being aggravated by you. Your friend and racing partner
Tony

Attachments

Mark Newhan

Wow! I'm totally shocked! I was not expecting to come on here and see this. Was Ramsey here in the States or at his other home in Baja? I guess this is more proof of never taking anything for granted, as you just never know when its your time to go home. Ramsey had so many little projects going, and I'm sad to think of all the things we will not see finished.

Please let everyone know if there will be a memorial service for him and when.

God Speed Ramsey!

"Smarter then Dirt"
He flew to Cabo last night.

Offspring

Stunned. This place was Ramsey. I remember following his progress during that 1000. :(

Ramsey_ElWardani was last seen:

Today at 6:42 AM

NIKAL

Are those Rough Country shocks rebuildable or sealed?
Ramsey's last post on RDC this morning at 6:40am.

Really!! He's talking about Rough Country shocks? I would feel better if it was a smart ass comment! Every time I would run into him around town, his first comment to me was a smart ass comment. Even Ramsey would admit he would not want his last post to be talking about Rough Country shocks! LOL!

Smarter then Dirt!

nimrod

KOOK!
I'm so sorry to hear this. Life is so short and fragile.
Vaya con Dios Ramsey.

The hot wheels style short bus in my avatar was a gift to me from Ramsey. He drove all the way to my house to give it to me. Amazing man.

fishd00d

What A Joke
Ramsey's last post on RDC this morning at 6:40am.

Really!! He's talking about Rough Country shocks? I would feel better if it was a smart ass comment! Every time I would run into him around town, his first comment to me was a smart ass comment. Even Ramsey would admit he would not want his last post to be talking about Rough Country shocks! LOL!

Smarter then Dirt!
Don't worry his post right before that this morning was being smartass!!

durbish

Met Ramsey in early 90's Racing off road, partnered with him at Agile Off Road this year.
No words can explain........ I will miss you my friend.

#Smarterthandirt

notime

NTR Films media guy
Race in peace Ramsey, I'll always remember him, with some great advice, nice to talk etc, he offered my first ride in a big race car at plaster city testing the Chevy class 8.

Will be missed for sure

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today

randy s

had some disagreements with him at times but i had a lot of respect for him..a racer's racer...sorry to hear the news

fishd00d

What A Joke
I have my own theory I'm going with.

He faked his own death, is collecting his life insurance and will be living in Baja somewhere on the beach with no worries, no bad days, and no one ever bothering him again. He will venture trackside every Baja race somewhere and just be sitting there with a drink in hand watching as the racers go by with no idea who's watching them.

At least I like that theory a lot more and Ramsey is the one dude I know who would totally do this!!

JaysinDesignz

Can someone private message me Contact info for Jan. I live down here in Cabo. Only have Ramsey's cell.
Want to make sure she doesn't need any help right now.

randy s

one of the things i'll remember was getting congratulations from him after we won our class in the baja 500 on a particularly gnarly course starting dead last in the field
..coming from him it was big and i'll never forget it..

JaysinDesignz

Pretty floored right now. Ramsey and I have became good friends since we both moved to Cabo at the same time. But, before we were traditional internet enemies. First meeting face to face racing the 2013 Baja 1000 together in Class 6. All our internet beef went away at the driver change and giving them the run down.

I think I gained some respect afterwards here in Baja Sur after last years Coyote 300. As we talked on the regular more and started seeing each other at local events.

Very sad right now and hope I can get in touch with Jan to help out anywhere I can down here.