Ran my Supra on the dyno last night

orvacian

Reaction
For those of you who did not believe me when I said I was beating some "stangs" and wrx's with my Supra, check out the attached pic. Now this is only running 11psi and the only tuning that has been done at all is to go from 10 to 12 degrees timing. The dyno measures the approximate drivetrain loss after the run and gave an estimated 322hp at the crank. This is also on a stock intercooler, stock block and head, upgraded stock turbo, stock fuel system, stock airbox and intake with drop in K&N. After installing a AFC and FCD with a Walbro fuel pump I should easily make 350-400whp. I will have to go to a bigger dyno for that but this guy did 4 pulls for $40!

Attachments

• 62900-295hp on dyno.JPG
    62900-295hp on dyno.JPG
    45.6 KB · Views: 403

orvacian

Reaction
Yeah, 27hp is what it says but a few people there said it was possibly higher then 322hp at the crank.

orvacian

Reaction
Cleartoy, come on by anytime. Here it is on the dyno

Attachments

• 62906-my car on dyno.JPG
    62906-my car on dyno.JPG
    69.4 KB · Views: 345

Klaus

Administrator
Reaction
Where is the dyno place ?
$40.00 for 4 pulls sounds not to bad.

orvacian

Reaction
It's over by Torrance. The only thing is that the dyno only goes to 290hp and it is pretty narrow, I am not sure if a truck would fit. I will ask my friend if it was a group discount or the normal price. There were 4 of us there.

orvacian

Reaction
I probably should not have given a price because I don't know what the normal price is and 4 of us ran at the same time, let me see what the deal is and I will let everyone know. It was a friend of a friend kinda thing. Klaus, check your email.

singlehanded

Reaction
My buddys got a stang that I am sure would take the supra challenge!!!!

orvacian

Reaction
See, someone always gets pissed when I say my import with "coffee can" exhaust could beat some america cars.

michael_loomis

Reaction
piece of $#@#$ rice burner ! LOL JK!!!!!

man thats pretty bitchen !! all that with basically stock parts , im impressed !

singlehanded

Reaction
No, like the pepsi challenge I meant. I sure my friend would run you if you were down.

jeff

Reaction
How in sam hill can you read "My buddys got a stang that I am sure would take the supra challenge!!!!" and then respond "He didn't say he wanted to race, he said his buddies car would beat mine." ???

"See, someone always gets pissed when I say my import with "coffee can" exhaust could beat some america cars" --- that sounds a little too defensive... chill Winston... how many times have you been spanked by the "beeg uhhmerican kahs" light to light?
Not everyone is out to talk trash on Japanese rice mobiles - at least I hope not. I own a WRX and every import ricer thinks they can beat me. It's not just the uhhmerican kahs, it's everyone. Pride is pride and it doesn't matter what you drive... if you think it's fast there's only one way to shut the other guy (or girl) up - wave and smile as you pass em'

Aloha

I got it... your not of the Pepsi generation!

drtdevil93

Reaction
i got a run for you guys.... in "rice burner lingo"- .5 liter, non vtec, dual overhead cams, and big exhaust.
83 xr500r.... who wants some....

i beat a mustang in my moms cherokee with 4 friends in it, that was funny as hell. if i could just learn to get it to go from 4lo to 2hi a little quicker, i could run some fast times.

erik