• Forum membership has its advantages....

Rancho Ford Temecula

cusico

Hate to do this, as I might be a "one off case", so before I tell the truth,

Is there anyone here on RDC that works there, and might be able to REALLY FIX (Owner/Service or General Manager) fix my major service issue I had/am having with my F350.

I am giving a far chance to talk, shoot me a pm, and maybe we can fix this, and Rancho Ford will come out as an honorable dealer.

FYI, my truck is broke with the same part as what you just installed two days ago, PLUS two other issues.

cusico

My truck just broke down on the freeway, WITH THE IDLER PULLEY COMING OFF THE TRUCK, AND WAS RUNNING HOT. This was due to Rancho Ford installing a serpentine tension that was used (not telling me) after they broke mine. Maybe they broke mine with the breaker bar taking the tension off or whatever, but this is not acceptable at all.

All they were doing was a simple water pump. That took TWO DAYS LONGER THAN QUOTED (PARTS IN STOCK). A $173 cab ride from Ontario to Temecula when they said on the last of many phone calls at 3:00pm "come down after 4:30pm, it will be done", then it is not EVEN LOOKED AT WHEN I GET THERE AT 4:30PM!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Then the next day at noon (another cab ride from home there $60) the f u c k i n g guy tries to stick me with a $980.00 BILL!!!! I WAS QUOTED $576 (still high, but what are you gonna do, it's the dealer). Starts making excuses"theres tax and, uh... disposal fees, um,...". So two bosses later, it goes to the quoted price, and this service writer is back pedaling super fast to his boss.

They gave me the truck back making tons of noise, and I popped the hood right there as they gave me my truck, and the service manager even came over to look at it because of the noise, and said " must have been some before you brought it in...", to which I said "I would not even be driving it that broken and loud, it drove when I brought it here!!!". They said tough, and I drove off. 31 miles later the Idler came off on the freeway. Towed there. Total BS!!!!

cusico

Here are some photos of the damage from the belt coming off on the freeway.
I really want to post this in General...

95f150

Man this is a tough one. Id say you should probly take it back and tell them your gonna see them in court, or just key one of those badass shelby mustangs on the lot:D Haha im just kidding i wouldnt suggest either one (probly loose in court and get smacked with a fat fine for the mustang) but id call the manager and speak with him privately and see if you guys can figure something out.

nickhead

Here is what I did for a very similar deal... just park the truck in the street in front of the dealership at the entrance and have big poster board signs that says "Rancho Ford rips off customers... etc.. etc.." on the front & rear... and tell them you will stay there till its fixed. This should solve your problem..;):D

95f150

Here is what I did for a very similar deal... just park the truck in the street in front of the dealership at the entrance and have big poster board signs that says "Rancho Ford rips off customers... etc.. etc.." on the front & rear... and tell them you will stay there till its fixed. This should solve your problem..;):D
I think his way is alot better then mine ^^^^ lol

cusico

I was at the dealer at 6:30am today, and the service writer that did the paperwork last week told (word for word) "I'm not in the business of a free for all to fix all the unmaintained parts on your truck!!!!", AND "your S H I T outta luck trying to get us to fix your truck for free!!", after I told him " my truck broke on the freeway with the damaged/used parts you put on, and your fixing it at no cost!"
ALL THIS BEFORE I STARTED CUSSING, AND BEFORE WE EVEN WALKED OUT SIDE FOR HIM TO LOOK AT THE TRUCK!!!!! THE NERVE OF THIS GUY!

Thats when I called my attorney, and he drove down from LA. He got there at 8:30, and so did the service manager, who was fighting to the death that is was not their problem or fault. An attorney can't do much right then, just prove that your serious, and scare them a little bit, it worked though. Thanks for friends.

The owner/real boss got called, and long story short....it took my attorney to scare them, and getting the owner involved (on a five gallon bucket looking under the hood) to have him say "fix it, it was our fault, we'll fix it at no cost". I got the truck back tonight fixed, with new parts (I got the tech to admit he swapped the tensioner he broke this morning) and it's running properly.

Then they tried to give me a $176.00 bill for "taxes on the parts", and I gave the service manager the Charlie Manson eyes and said "this is not mine", and he said "um..uh..um..uh someone else wrote that up, that should say zero just to document the work.....sorry", yet it had his name in the "written by" box.
UNREAL

I will never go back, unless they are the last place in an hours drive that has a special FORD part, BUT NEVER FOR SERVICE.

The hassle.Tow trucks. Taxi rides, putting friends out to get both trucks home, lost work:), and having to fight with stupid people burns me out.

Hope people have better luck with them than me. One less local business I will go to.

nickhead

glad to here they took care of it.. in the future I say goto SUNRISE FORD in Fontana.. the owners, and a few managers are fellow offroaders and are really easy to deal with.. if you need parts call Jim in parts he will take care of you.. I buy all my parts and my F150's from them..:D

DezertRaders

Sorry to hear about dealership issues. 6.0L can be a challenge at times for sure, but if you or anyone else needs warranty or customer pay repairs done, I have two very good diesel techs here at the Dealership I run. They do very clean work by the book. I would be more than happy to extend employee pricing to anyone in the Racing community at Capistrano Ford. Rich

Sheaco

My father had a similar Situation with a Chevy dealer here in town on a new Duramax. Short story is the down payment was returned ie Lemon Law. The dealer wanted nothing to do with any of my Dad's phone calls tell my Mom started sending emails & Copied the BBB and Consumer Reports. After the emails The Service manager was calling my Dad and Kissin arse. DONKEY!

Ol' Curmudgeon

RDC's resident crackpot
Yugo dealers were buying 'em back to avoid the service/warranty headaches in the late 80's.

I once brought a Honda dealership to a complete standstill by laying down in the entrance and shouting: "I"M MAD AS HELL, AND I'm NOT GOING TO TAKE IT ANYMORE!!!"

It was the 70's... Thanks, Paddy Chayefsky! GM soon appeared from "vacation," solved my service issue.

95f150

Yugo dealers were buying 'em back to avoid the service/warranty headaches in the late 80's.

I once brought a Honda dealership to a complete standstill by laying down in the entrance and shouting: "I"M MAD AS HELL, AND I'm NOT GOING TO TAKE IT ANYMORE!!!"

It was the 70's... Thanks, Paddy Chayefsky! GM soon appeared from "vacation," solved my service issue.
haha LOL nothing better then the 70s eh?

cusico

Sorry to hear about dealership issues. 6.0L can be a challenge at times for sure, but if you or anyone else needs warranty or customer pay repairs done, I have two very good diesel techs here at the Dealership I run. They do very clean work by the book. I would be more than happy to extend employee pricing to anyone in the Racing community at Capistrano Ford. Rich
It is a 7.3L (for life!!!).

Had two brand new 6.0L's bought back under lemon law, but you have to get an attorney, and prove the same issue(s) are returning at each service. They were a 2003, and a 2004 F350 cc 4x4 6.0L's. No start/injectors/HP oil lines/typical 6.0L problems.

cusico

I hear ya. I had the tow truck driver dump my truck in the middle of the service lane, blocking anyone from getting through. They just drove around the back of the dealership, but the point was made for three hours.

BGRANT

Did this at a Honda MC dealership about 15 years ago. They were doing motor work when the short mechanic tried to start my 500 and he knocked the bike over putting a large gouge in the tank from hitting the corner of the bench. It was close to going through. After telling me to take a hike I made a nice big 4x8 sign and parked myself in front of their shop for 3 days straight. Police were called. I was not slandering them, free speech deal and cops told them they shouldn't have pissed me off. I had a new tank the next day.

bugged

When you have a problem with a dealership you should ask them to speak to the FORD (or whatever company) Rep. They have one that comes around about once a month. They do not like you to speak to them. I had a VW Jetta with electrical problems, the dealership in fresno wouldn't fix it, told me to pack sand. I was told by a person at the dealership to ask for the VW Reps number. They got concerned and played games getting me the number, but I set up a meeting with him at the dealership. The "Unfriendly" Service Advisor changed his tune when the Rep told him to fix it.

DezertRaders

When you have a problem with a dealership you should ask them to speak to the FORD (or whatever company) Rep. They have one that comes around about once a month. They do not like you to speak to them. I had a VW Jetta with electrical problems, the dealership in fresno wouldn't fix it, told me to pack sand. I was told by a person at the dealership to ask for the VW Reps number. They got concerned and played games getting me the number, but I set up a meeting with him at the dealership. The "Unfriendly" Service Advisor changed his tune when the Rep told him to fix it.
They don't have reps like the good old days, only the 800 number!

200MPHTape

They don't have reps like the good old days, only the 800 number!
Yup, I was having problems receiving floor mats, and a trailer hitch that was promised on the purchase. The floor mats were standard equipment in the R/T model and were missing and I asked for the hitch in the deal, well they balked and I called the Dodge 800 # and Dodge told me they couldn't do any thing because the dealers are independent. I never got the floor mats or hitch, so I will never go to Crown Dodge again. To top it off, I had been corresponding by email with their Net salesman, when we went to buy the truck he wasn't there and another salesman got his commission. The Net salesman was begging me to send the manager a letter stating I had been dealing with him, I never got my floor mats he never got his letter!!

BRONCOBOY

I had a similiar problem with them on my F450, Brought it in under warranty for the rear main seal. I'm walking out to the truck with the tech, were 25 ft away from it and he says no you have a fuel leak i can smell it. I told him NO I have a oil leak - fix the oil leak! I pick the truck up the next day and now I have a Fuel leak and still have the oil leak WTF. Bottom line is their charging Corporate for repairs that my vehicle did not need, that's crooked.
On my next truck they wanted to charge me a extra 80.00 dollars labor because I had a lift kit on the truck. I picked it up and took it to Temecula Radiator on Rancho Way they seam honest and don't give me any bull**BAN ME****BAN ME****BAN ME****BAN ME** about repairs - that I do not need.
Rancho ford Service Sucks and most people in town know it from experience.