• Forum membership has its advantages....

Rancho Ford Temecula

DezertRaders

I had a similiar problem with them on my F450, Brought it in under warranty for the rear main seal. I'm walking out to the truck with the tech, were 25 ft away from it and he says no you have a fuel leak i can smell it. I told him NO I have a oil leak - fix the oil leak! I pick the truck up the next day and now I have a Fuel leak and still have the oil leak WTF. Bottom line is their charging Corporate for repairs that my vehicle did not need, that's crooked.
On my next truck they wanted to charge me a extra 80.00 dollars labor because I had a lift kit on the truck. I picked it up and took it to Temecula Radiator on Rancho Way they seam honest and don't give me any bull**BAN ME****BAN ME****BAN ME****BAN ME** about repairs - that I do not need.
Rancho ford Service Sucks and most people in town know it from experience.
Again, I am certainly not defending poor service, but I will tell you that Ford monitors Warranty repairs very closely and most dealers don't even think about fraud, what happens if you get caught is ridiculous. If you want to know what they charged Ford for, post your Vin and I can run a Warranty history for you. You will have the facts at least.

jackassracing89

i was a service advisor at a toyota dealership for 5 years and now im a advisor at Hyundai. It's on the advisor to take care the issue, if he doesnt, go to the service manager, if he doesnt, start looking for the sales manager, or GM. At toyota basically if its close to warranty we would just do it, Hyundai is a little more stricter, but all US made cars are the worst when it comes to warranty claims. If all else fails call the BAR, Bureau of Automotive Repair, and tell them exactly what is happening. Usually it takes 2 days and they will have an investigator out to the shop looking at it. Glad to hear it worked out, hope my post helps others in the future

offrdmania

In any of these cases all you need to do is contact the manufacturer and do a survey. A bad survey costs the dealer thousands of dollars from the manufacturer. They get bonus dollars for good ones so bad ones cost them dearly.

DezertRaders

In any of these cases all you need to do is contact the manufacturer and do a survey. A bad survey costs the dealer thousands of dollars from the manufacturer. They get bonus dollars for good ones so bad ones cost them dearly.
You can't get a survey sent to you. They are only sent after a repair and must meet certain criteria. And yes, they do matter. Just burning a Dealer for fun though is not cool.

fordnut

i was a service advisor at a toyota dealership for 5 years and now im a advisor at Hyundai. It's on the advisor to take care the issue, if he doesnt, go to the service manager, if he doesnt, start looking for the sales manager, or GM. At toyota basically if its close to warranty we would just do it, Hyundai is a little more stricter, but all US made cars are the worst when it comes to warranty claims. If all else fails call the BAR, Bureau of Automotive Repair, and tell them exactly what is happening. Usually it takes 2 days and they will have an investigator out to the shop looking at it. Glad to hear it worked out, hope my post helps others in the future
And you wonder why American car companies have trouble selling their cars. Studies have been done that if a car has an issue and the problem is taken care of by the dealership the owner believes they have better/more reliable vehicle. Then if a customer has the opposite happen to them they believe their car is less reliable. So lets say one customer takes their Honda in 3 times for issues while they own the vehicle and the issues are taken care of and they are treated well. Another customer takes their Ford in one time and is treated poorly and blamed for the issue and such. If you asked the two who had the more reliable vehicle the guy with the Honda would rave his car was the best thing since sliced bread even thought it came in more times to get fixed. I buy and drive Fords, but the way some dealerships treat their customers is really hurting the company as a whole them in the long run.

gary

wife's mazda's ac had a mind of it's own 2 summers ago. 3rd trip to the dealer, i was told nothing was wrong. i'm just making up no ac in the summer and wasting my time going there? i asked for the gm of the dealership, was reasonable but forceful, and walked out with a free rental for a week while they did whatever to the car. knock on wood, it's been fine since...go to the top when you have an issue!!

manicmechanic

Yup! When the manager says "I can"t do that. You need to talk to the guy that can!
Take a walk around the outside of the building, spot that big window on the second floor, you already know where the stairs are.:eek:

baja stu

I won’t say who I work for but we have a substantial fleet of F450’s, F550’s, and F650’s in the Temecula area and we take all of our service work to Lake Ford instead of Rancho Ford. But we do buy all of our parts from them. Great parts department but the service department needs some help. In these tough times service and customer satisfaction plays a key role in future business.

hammer down racing

I had a 04 F250 6.0 and had a bunch of problems with wiring harnesses, turbos, etc. After taking the truck in for about the 3rd of about 10 or 11 warranty issues I asked the service writer if the wiring harnesses were a poblem with the 6.0s. She looked at me and said, "We have problems with all of our vehicles, that's why we have a service department." I about s**t my pants when she said that. The Ford dealership here in Havasu is a poor excuse for a dealership and I'm surprised they are still in business.

SPROCKET

Recommendations when using any service dept dealer or private.
1) Ask around in sales and with the techs "whos your best advisor?"
2) when you find this person,use these words "I want to be your customer for life"
3) Get to know the people working on your cars and trucks. Stick with one person and ask for a certian tech. After your home cars and trucks are your next largest investment (did I say investment)lol.. you will never make money on a car
4) When it comes to estimates allways circle the totals on the original Repair Order. cause thats what your gona pay unless you auth something over the phone. I allways have the Job Change Order faxed or emailed to review.
5) I have 4 wonderful Ford products, I have a service advisor thats now a good friend and at times has even come to the races. He is my advocate when something is wrong and has even helped bring the Ford rep in on my behalf. He makes my life and owning Fords to easy. I have delt with T.... for 10 years and even though the product hasnt allways been good he has and that why I stick with Ford!!!!!!

If your having a problem feel free to pm me I know a little about the service end of the car biz!

95f150

Once the warranty is done what do you do? The dealers are gonna cost you 3 times more then they should. I just take my cars that are not under warrenty to this buddy of mine who works out of the back of an auto body shop. He doesnt speak a word of English but he knows what the hell hes doing and is dirt cheap. Thats the best way to do it.

nordictom

I had a 04 F250 6.0 and had a bunch of problems with wiring harnesses, turbos, etc. After taking the truck in for about the 3rd of about 10 or 11 warranty issues I asked the service writer if the wiring harnesses were a poblem with the 6.0s. She looked at me and said, "We have problems with all of our vehicles, that's why we have a service department." I about s**t my pants when she said that. The Ford dealership here in Havasu is a poor excuse for a dealership and I'm surprised they are still in business.
After reading this thread I would like to throw my 2 cents worth in, BTW, I don't have any vested interest in either shop I will mention.
I have been to Bradley Ford in LHC, I will say they provided me with Excellent service when the fuel pump went out on my SD Ford. They got me in, fixed & out on a Sat., no appt. When I'm in need of service / warranty work, I return to where I purchased my truck, McCoy -Mills Ford. They probably have the best Deisel Mech in SoCal. Honest service, no BS.

CBRXJ

Once the warranty is done what do you do? The dealers are gonna cost you 3 times more then they should. I just take my cars that are not under warrenty to this buddy of mine who works out of the back of an auto body shop. He doesnt speak a word of English but he knows what the hell hes doing and is dirt cheap. Thats the best way to do it.

Or you could find a good dealer tech thats does side work.

95f150

Or you could find a good dealer tech thats does side work.
Yeah or that. Send me a PM when you find one lol