Randy Johnson shooting LOORRS AZ

SEANY

I'm a HUGE baseball fan and when I saw Randy Johnson in a media get up shooting photos I was like a school kid. I never got the chance to say hi but I hope he makes it out too more races. I guess he was the guest speaker at the chapel service also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dirty*

It was pretty cool to see him out.

az_amsoil

He was never very approachable as a player and nothing has changed in "retirement"...I saw him Saturday, I was walking towards him and said hey Randy, he spun around a fastballed it into the PCI hauler. The guy is a Hall of Fame guarantee, you'd think he would be a little more appreciative of fans in public spaces

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

Dirty*

az_amsoil - Last year when he came out to LOORRS he was kinda stand off'ish. This year he was plenty friendly. Im sure its really hard being a celebrity type person getting pulled in a million and a 1/2 directions. I was present when fans were being super rude demanding a photo from him. I would think it would get tiresome? Anyways year 2 with Randy Johnson was great! I'd like to thank him for coming out to the races.

He was never very approachable as a player and nothing has changed in "retirement"...I saw him Saturday, I was walking towards him and said hey Randy, he spun around a fastballed it into the PCI hauler. The guy is a Hall of Fame guarantee, you'd think he would be a little more appreciative of fans in public spaces

Rizzo

I'm a HUGE baseball fan and when I saw Randy Johnson in a media get up shooting photos I was like a school kid. I never got the chance to say hi but I hope he makes it out too more races. I guess he was the guest speaker at the chapel service also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I follow SX and MX and RJ has been at the Phoenix round of supercross for the past several years shooting pics. He likes motorsports and he likes AZ. The photogs that he's come across describe him as nice, humble and inquisitive kinda the opposite of the too cool,rockstar, know it all.

az_amsoil

az_amsoil - Last year when he came out to LOORRS he was kinda stand off'ish. This year he was plenty friendly. Im sure its really hard being a celebrity type person getting pulled in a million and a 1/2 directions. I was present when fans were being super rude demanding a photo from him. I would think it would get tiresome? Anyways year 2 with Randy Johnson was great! I'd like to thank him for coming out to the races.
No big deal, I've run into him many times in the PHX area and he's always been stand-off'ish. That's who he is, so cool. Again, this is his MO, so for those who catch him at a good time, awesome! The guy had a wicked fastball and devestating slider!

He is also a big metal fan, been at Mayhem Festival many times.

Met Scott Douglas, so all was good!

Last edited:

450grl

He was really nice when he came over and talked to me over the weekend....but I can see how he might not be super warm to everyone. After so many years in the spotlight, it probably gets really old just trying to walk across the pits without everyone shouting your name and asking for pics. Even more so for someone who stands out so much in a crowd like he does - there is just no escaping it for him. He def enjoys his photography, and he likes shooting short-course - I hope he continues to come out and shoot the races. It's great to have several things you are good at and that you enjoy....... :)

justafan

Just checked out his web page. First photo on the home page slide show is Carl. Some very cool pics from around the world.

I just about spit my soda on my lap top when I saw his logo. Take a look LOL!

http://rj51photos.com/