ranger beams

justin meyers

Reaction
ok so i have a 94 ranger with equal lengths using the stock spindle (D35? is that correct?) and the plans are to race with this truck and the word is that the spindles/snouts dont last or take quite a beating with this setup , & and im stuck with 5 on 4.5 ....... ..

so my question is which is a better direction to go in... upgrading to blitzkriegs spindle/snout/hub upgrade or perhaps camburgs new spindles which i believe convert the balljoints to unibals now? OR look towards new beams preferably king pins? im just trying get pointed in the right direction and searching on hear only show some peoples pros v.s cons
thanks
justin:confused:

DSRacing

Mini Metal MOD
Reaction
If you plan on keeping your existing beams, I recommend using the Blitzkrieg beam ends.

http://www.blitzkriegoffroad.com/pr...suspension_components_2wd_forged_beam_spindle

We are going on our third season with these D35 beam ends with no problems. We used the stock Ranger spindles prior to that and had continual problems with either cracks developing in the cast material or bending of the stock spindle. If you plan on racing, these beam ends are a worthy upgrade.

Jerry Zaiden

Reaction
ok so i have a 94 ranger with equal lengths using the stock spindle (D35? is that correct?) and the plans are to race with this truck and the word is that the spindles/snouts dont last or take quite a beating with this setup , & and im stuck with 5 on 4.5 ....... ..

so my question is which is a better direction to go in... upgrading to blitzkriegs spindle/snout/hub upgrade or perhaps camburgs new spindles which i believe convert the balljoints to unibals now? OR look towards new beams preferably king pins? im just trying get pointed in the right direction and searching on hear only show some peoples pros v.s cons
thanks
justin:confused:

Keep in mind with stock ball joints they will have issues that cant be fixed. 1st issue is the taper of the ball joint will push through the hole and you will be chasing lose castle nuts until the ball joint bottoms out in the beam end. The second issue is the strength of the ball joints. The price of a 1" uniball is about the same as the price of a good ball joint. With our spindles you also get a billet hubs with wheel bearings that dwarf the dana 35 wheel bearings and they cost about the same. You also get a wider bearing spread with crush sleeves and a much better brake package.

I guess it all depends on how much you want to spend up front or in the long run and how fast you are planning on going.

matt_helton

Racer
Reaction
thanks for repping Cliff!

http://www.blitzkriegoffroad.com/pr...nsion_components_ranger_2wd_cast_beam_spindle

our cast beam spindles for your equal length beams do not leave dana 35 as your only option. they will also accept dana 44 parts(4wd F-150/bronco)............our our fully inhouse designed and built full race 2.5" hub/snout setup.

http://www.blitzkriegoffroad.com/products.asp?section=hubs_front_2_5_race

and if you are looking to go kingpin we have these to offer as well as full beams/radius arms.