• Forum membership has its advantages....

Ranger Conversion Fiberglass

punkassslacker

I just bought some 6" buldged fenders and bedsides from Perrys Fab N. Fiber to convert my 88 Ranger to the newer 98 body style and front clip. The glass looks great and has the ridge of the cab that is right under the window in the same spot for the 88 since the ridge on the new trucks is smaller and higher. He does good work and if you need glass he also has good prices. Perry also makes a pretty nice custom dash. You can check out his site from the RaceDezert links.

punkassslacker

By the way the curveture of the hood on the 98 hood is more dramatic than that of the 88 cab, I also picked up his conversion hood for that reason and it looks great, it fits like a glove.

Attachments

punkassslacker

Re: Rancer Conversion Fiberglass

On perrys site he doesn't have any pictures of the dash so if you want to see it here is one of two pictures. This is the front view of it. If you noticed, the front of the dash meets the floor of the cab, if you have a manual transmission you'll have to cut a hole or slot in the front for your shifter.<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by punkassslacker on 07/13/02 10:30 PM (server time).</FONT></P>

Attachments

singlehanded

So do you have to run auto meter guages and remove ac? how much that stuff run you.

local

punkassslacker

You pretty much are stuck with having to put autometer gauges, the dash was designed for more of a race truck than a daily driver pre-runner. For all the stuff I dropped $1300 on fenders and bedsides with 6" buldge, fiberglass hood and grill, and the fiberglass dash. Perry also had a carbon fiber dash that looked real sharp.

baja619

For less race and more prerunner DD,

FiberwerX manufactuers a OEM replacement dash that will allow the use of stock gauge cluster and heater/ AC controls but you get the race look and feel with all the ergonomic functions of a Daily Driver.

http://www.fiberwerx.com/oem-dash_shwcase.htm

In the images linked you will see a concole extension that is a seperate piece and easily detached in our race truck