Ranger Driveshaft

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
Has anybody swapped to a 1 piece driveshaft on a Ranger xtra cab or know anything bad about doing it?

Kris
"I was thinking the exact same thing about you..."

frankh

Reaction
We move from a single to a two piece on the 1450 truck. The reason was so that the tail shaft part was bolted on to the transmission. That way if you lose the drive-line you don't lose the tanny oil. At least that was what we were thinking at the time.

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
Sounds like a good idea for saving transmission fluid. I just measured it and it would need a 68 inch shaft and with a deflection calc. I find that a 68 inch shaft would not work at Higher RPM so I guess I have to stick with a 2 piece and replace my carrier bearing. It would work with an aluminum one but its not worth the $4-500 to me. I though it was nowhere near that long.

Kris
"I was thinking the exact same thing about you..."

mattrick88

Reaction
put a driveshaft from a 98 ranger. im not 100% sure if it will work problem free but its worth a shot. heres a pic of mine in my 2000.

frankh

Reaction
I guess I read that wrong. It is one piece as far as transmission to diff ( no carrier bearing) but the slip joint is on the drive shaft not the tail housing.