Ranger frame,ibeam kit truggy info needed

43mod

We are going to put together an swap meet special used parts econo truggy ,pre runner/ SCORE sportsman racer rig.
Starting w Ranger frame and a brand new 10 year old Solo beam kit. Any advice on fabricating w frame set level or nose up/nose down . Since we have no rules if there is an advantage we may as well take it.
Also I am sure someone has a 4 link design I could buy ,beg, barrow or steal. Getting the geometry correct would be a big plus the first time.
35 or 37 inch tire, 125 w base , 3 seat , engine set back approx. 1 ft, would like chassis to be as reasonably low as possible. I have 4bt and 6bt engines as well as 632 ci B Block Chevy that could be the power plant.
It would be pretty cool to get Cummins mileage off road .
I just happen to have 2 of the 632 engines if someone wants to trade for some build parts . These were Agricultural pump engines. Tall 4 bolt block,forged cranks,h beam ,10-1 , iron heads. Need freshen but will run now. Need rear end , seats , Shocks , Big fuel cell .
Thanks Russ

43mod

truggy start.JPG
truggy trans.JPG
Sancha the sportsman has begun. I will be 51 Monday and instead of the weekend plan my wife wanted to do for me I told her I would sure like to just work in my shop on a non work project. So Sancha it is , 5 am-830 yesterday and back at 530 today. So far to offset the extra weight of the 4bt/6bt engine we are using a special lightweight T400 trans. Still no feedback on 4 link design ,there must not be any racers here that will help for love or money ! Maybe at the swap meet I can get some good info even w tape measure,angle finder and camera .

43mod

OK fellas what are some thoughts on mitered roll cage joints ? It would make for a very clean windshield area to not have bends on the A pillars. I have heard the Tourag was built this way but have not looked into pics yet.
I am not the slightest bit afraid to go against convention/normal but also want to have no issues passing tech.
I also like that this can help make the cage a little wider at the top for more shoulder and head protection. I am always amazed how close people are to the edge of the cage.

43mod

B1K is over and done at RM 271 for us. Target fixation or lack of vision altogether could have been the cause. I was not there to decide which . Back to the truggy . It is time for 3 seats and sliders mechanism at least for the driver. I am thinking MC 3 G seats. Any ideas on strong,safe,simple non cluster F sliders ? 'I have seen power sliders in some high end pre runners but not too sure about this for staying secure in a crash.

43mod

4 link kit designed and mostly cut out , 3 new seats from PRP should be here tomorrow . A couple of brother in law deals on a nice 60 gallon cell and big rear mount radiator ,thanks fellas . Just need to source a good rear end housing. Looks like rainy crappy Nor Cal weather for the next week so its time to get back in gear on this thing.
Any input on brake systems would be good. I have 2 brand new 1.75" 4 piston Wilwoods and 12" rotors . They could go front or rear. I would like to run full man brakes for simplicity ,I do not mind the work out . I really like CNC brake pedals assemblies but do not see anything regarding longer pedals on the web. It seems like the bigger vehicles I have seen are a larger pedal length . What works ?

5280Ranger

Any update on the truggy? Post some pics. I've had a similar idea for a play car for several years now (but ttb). I hope you're finding some time to get after it!

Chris Tobin

Loving it!!! When it is done maybe we can shoot it for a magazine feature!

43mod

4 link lower mounts are in, trailing arm parts are all cut and waiting for fit up and welding. rear shock towers coming next . Big orange chase trailer traded off now have all shocks 2.5s,3.5s and some big ol 4.4s for the rear ! Brake pedal slider made and installed. Figured it would be easier to move the brakes than the seat. 2 3/8 pins gets 6 inches of movement inch at a time.I have been spending some time making T joint welds on 1.75" tube and breaking them in our okie weld test jig. so far continuous beads are killing trigger weld beads .I am not a tig welder so I want the best mig welds I can learn to make. May is looking pretty blown up so not much work going to happen on this for a bit.