ranger heatercore install

singlehanded

Reaction
I am installing a new heatercore in my ranger, but I was wondering if you have to take the whole dash out or take the whole ac/heater housing off(the one under the hood)?I can see the bottom of the heatercore after I removed the housing that is connected to the hole that goes out under blower motor housing. Anybody know if their is an easy way of replacing it?

local

V8Ranger

Reaction
Yeah its a piece of cake compared to most cars or trucks (assuming yours is the same as a '94). You don't need to remove the dash. There's a carpeted cover under the dash on the passenger side that needs to be removed. The heater core is somewhere up in there (It's been a while since I've done it). Any repair manual should have a detailed step-by-step instruction. Once you get the hoses removed the rest is pretty easy.

singlehanded

Reaction
Ya I started it tonight and removed carpet cover then plastic under heatercore so I can see bottom of heatercore side without hose connections, but trying to figure out how to get to the top without removing dash. Ya it a 94 ranger.

local

RacerX

Reaction
Once you remove the hoses from the heater core in the engine compartment the heater core should come out. With the hoses removed, pull back on the heater core, to pull it out of the holes, and then pull it down. Be careful when pulling it out, the extra coolant might spill onto the carpet.

singlehanded

Reaction
Ya I just figured it out. It helps when you have the right parts. The guy at the parts store told me that there was a 3" hose that connected between the heatercore and the firewall inside the cab, thats why I thought you had to be able to get to the top of the core.. Also I think they gave me the wrong heatercore tube veer off left instead of right.
thanks for all the input....john.

local